Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Tiger - the IWC (international whaling body) set those guidelines regarding whaling in the Antarctic Sanctuary. It's very different than hunting whales in sovereign waters...like around Norway. At least the Norwegians and Icelanders have the balls to say we're hunting in our own water...not being duplicitous and lying about it!

X
Its still not ILLEGAL. Immoral, maybe so, but its NOT ILLEGAL. Theres no law you can be sentenced by for whaling there. If there where, dont you think theid be in court long ago?

Its still not ILLEGAL. Immoral, maybe so, but its NOT ILLEGAL. Theres no law you can be sentenced by for whaling there. If there where, dont you think theid be in court long ago?

Such is politics where research is governed & administered by many entities. In short, you can do illegal and immoral stuff there if no one has the balls to go after you. In short, you'd be in litigation forever. In the end - they're just whales. Much the same mindset as genocide.

Tiger - I just have a huge problem with countries lying, or disguising what they are doing cloaked by BS research. It really is so dishonest, and as you say immoral.

Cheers,

X

As a person who posted a few "hotbutton" treads here...I will say this:

Nothing gets people's passions, and emotions going as: whaling, and dolphin slaughter.

Lock Washer

Interesting note: My thread about scientist declaring that dolphins deserve the same rights as humans due to their intelligents...never generated any interest.

As a person who posted a few "hotbutton" treads here...I will say this:

Nothing gets people's passions, and emotions going as: whaling, and dolphin slaughter.

Lock Washer

Interesting note: My thread about scientist declaring that dolphins deserve the same rights as humans due to their intelligents...never generated any interest.

I'll say something about that - it's the same thing in my eyes as genocide. They're just dolphins...:shakehead:

Just saw your post and picture Doc Harry. I reiterate...the deliberate extinction of a sentient species.

X

Geoff while I admire your ability to cut and paste titles of research that has been written by people with names that may or may not sound Japanese in origin that reply really doesn't have any useful information.
Maybe if you provided links the readers at SB could read the articles and make a better informed decision on their stance on this issue.

Good morning Shonan Maru!!
t23_3.jpg

Scratch that geoff. I just checked in on my own, you managed to cut and paste a page from the IWC website.
VERY impressive!
:rofl3:

Ishikawa, H. and Shigemune, H. 2008.Comparative Experiment of Whaling Grenades in the Japanese Whale Research Program under Special Permit (JARPA and JARPN). Jpn. J. Zoo Wildl. Med. 13(1): 21-28.

I take back everything I said above.

When I saw important research articles, such as the article above quoted by Geoff, I now realize that very important research is being done by the Japanese and it is important that we keep killing whales so that we can test more whaling grenades.

Oh, so terrorism is fine if its for the cause of protecting the whales, but if muslims kill us infidels its wrong?

No... Not really... But I am sure we can find a few more torpedos for the Norweigan whaling fleet, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom