Break Water (Friday & Sunday)...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is the beauty of macro, you can shoot literally inches from the subject. Anyway it was a dive I would like to forget as soon as possible :-(
Only thing I would remember is my Phelps imitation while swimming back.

Hey Mainank-
Sorry to hear about your camera. Is it still functioning or ....?
It was nice bumping into you on Saturday.

We went for Boat dive today (Sunday). The swells were up so we did Hopkins Deep. The visibility was crap but we had fun. Took lots of pictures.. got a video of a Nudi swimming.. Will post as soon as I get it downloaded.

Have a nice trip and see you in Oct.

Vimal.

Tons of $*&%($@ nettles at the Metridium at Breakwater today. :|

Bloody strobe wasn't cooperating with me much today either. So here are some crummy pics with "natural" light.

Monterey%2008302009%20088.jpg

Rockfish, spying more nettles beyond the Metridium.
Monterey%2008302009%20087.jpg

Seems like most of the folks that went out to Breakwater today ran into the nettles. Pretty much all of the people in my Wreck class got stung multiple times. One of the students got stung so badly on her descent, she immediately surfaced and called off the dive for herself. The only person that did not get stung was one of the instructors because he he never descended--he went back with the student. Conditions were bad enough that our instructors decided to call the optional second dive off.

Yeah, I dove at Lover's today. No sea nettles at all, but the viz was crummy, I basically didn't see anything but my buddy's yellow fins, afraid to look away and lose him.

Yeah, I dove at Lover's today. No sea nettles at all, but the viz was crummy, I basically didn't see anything but my buddy's yellow fins, afraid to look away and lose him.

Wow. You dove Lover's point on Sunday?? We were diving off Sanctuary over at Hopkins Deep on Sunday and could see huge waves thrashing the shore lines.. Were conditions at Lovers that different to be divable? Hats off to you...

The vis, as you say, was crummy, but we managed to see lots of critters. Even saw a swimming Nudibranch (looked more like dancing than swimming).

There were lots of Nettles around at the surface but down under it was peaceful. The surge was up on Sunday though with waves about 3-4 feet rolling in from NW..

Vimal.

It wasn't that rough at Lover's #3. It was fun, with the exception that the viz was poor. OK, maybe a little rough upon exit, had problems getting out of the surf, fortunately there was a big strong guy to help me get back up onto my feet. I need to get me one of those...

Hey Mainank-
Sorry to hear about your camera. Is it still functioning or ....?
It was nice bumping into you on Saturday.

We went for Boat dive today (Sunday). The swells were up so we did Hopkins Deep. The visibility was crap but we had fun. Took lots of pictures.. got a video of a Nudi swimming.. Will post as soon as I get it downloaded.

Have a nice trip and see you in Oct.

Vimal.

Hi Vimal,

It was great meeting and diving with you and your son Sunday. I hope to see you on the boat again sometime.

Back
Top Bottom