break in the wx, MOLASSES REEF, 2/24/2105, PICS,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
warm sunny skies, light winds, flat calm seas today offshore key largo. double on MOLASSES REEF. #1: the aquarium, buoy M4, light current, very dusty blue/green viz 30-35FT, water temp a chilly 73F @ 20-40FT. #2: ventured north to caputos/logans run/winch hole/hole in the wall, M9, minimal current, improving blue viz 45FT. joined by tom(newbie diver) and timg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,excellent conditions yesterday as well, limited on bugs freediving a few miles north of the statue, 72F, freezing!!!!!!

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 55
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 52
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 52
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 52
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 51
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 45
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 47
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 47
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 46
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 46
  • m12.jpg
    m12.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 45
  • m13.jpg
    m13.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 44
  • m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 47
  • m15.jpg
    m15.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 46
Very nice

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! No thanks - see you in May :D

common on, deal with the hormones DIVA! purchase some quality neoprene and come on down(dive buddy tom from ohio captured in 3 pics is wearing a 2MM shorty!! said he was comfy),,,,,,,,,,,BTW, topside air temp today, 83F,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
keylargo

---------- Post added February 24th, 2015 at 10:15 PM ----------

full 7MM with a 3/5MM hooded vest for me and timg a full 5MM with a 5MM hood today, comfortable. not bad for late February in the USA,,,,,with temps forecasted in the 80's for the next 10 days, water temps should rise nicely,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Nice pictures Tim, particularly like the teenage Smooth Trunkfish, Rainbow Parrot with Midnight Blues in the background, and the Bar Jack and Spanish Hogfish.

I'm with reefman, my last dives in Boynton were in my 7 mm with my hooded vest. Nothing like being warm

Very nice

Thank you Deeper Thoughts

---------- Post added February 25th, 2015 at 09:35 AM ----------

Nice pictures Tim, particularly like the teenage Smooth Trunkfish, Rainbow Parrot with Midnight Blues in the background, and the Bar Jack and Spanish Hogfish.

I'm with reefman, my last dives in Boynton were in my 7 mm with my hooded vest. Nothing like being warm

Thank you scubadada. I have been wearing a 5mil, quite comfortable, but I am eagerly awaiting the 80+ temps.

come on, deal with the hormones DIVA! purchase some quality neoprene and come on down(dive buddy tom from ohio captured in 3 pics is wearing a 2MM shorty!! said he was comfy),,,,,,,,,,,BTW, topside air temp today, 83F,,,,,,,,,,,

Uh Uh! Just got back from Roatan - it was 77-78 degree water and I thought I was gonna FREEZE! And that was with my MAXIMUM exposure protection...a 3MM shorty :D If I need anything more than that (with a dive skin underneath), I ain't doing it :cussing: We were hoping the water closer to the equator would be nice and warm, but I guess January/February can be unpredictable anywhere.

That's OK - the 3rd Annual Cajun Invasion at Rainbow Reef Dive Center is scheduled for May 16th - 23rd and promises to be the BEST one yet! I have every confidence the water will be nice and warm by then. I'm hoping Pete and Elena will order up some of that Key Largo Chamber of Commerce weather for us too :balloons:

Nice pictures: especially like the trunkfish and the grouper. It's nice to get a good perspective on the size of a hawksbill compared to a diver as well. How many times have we all seen a 'huge' green or hawksbill turtle while diving when, in reality, that turtle was probably about the size of the one pictured in the 11th shot!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom