Brand new VEO 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bullswan

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Bought it 12/18 from.........Leisure Pro. Used it for the first time last week in Bonaire.
Moisture showed on the very first dive behind the faceplate. Enough so I couldn't read the entire screen. Luckily I had brought my dependable UWATEC, my old computer, with me as well. I called today to return it for repair/replacement and got the customer service person who told me to ship it back AT MY EXPENSE and they will handle it in 6-8 weeks!

Seems like a long time # 1 and # 2 I really HATE the idea of having to pay additionally for something that didn't work right out of the box!

What is my problem Leisure Pro or Oceanic?

Greg

As far as I know leisure pro is not an authorized dealer, and oceanic will not warranty anything bought form leisure pro. I dont think that they were at all in the wrong telling you 6-8 weeks. This way if you get it back in 3 weeks you will be happy. If they told you that you will have it in a week, and it took 6 weeks, you would be on here complaining.

LP says that they match manufacturers warranty, so if oceanic would fix it no cost, they should too.

Bought an Oceanic Versa Pro from Silent World Dive Center in the Keys about 2 years ago. Got 3 dives on it before it had issues. Silent World swapped me with another new one. When I said THANK YOU and asked if they'd rather wait for my repaired on back, they said "No, Oceanic will send us a new on to replace stock... the value of being an Oceanic dealer."

No kidding.

Even when I upgraded to the Atom 1.0 and there was an issue, sent it directly back to Oceanic and they took care of it within a couple weeks.

And don't forget ScubaToys also sells Oceanic too... and *they* are authorized.

So if LP says 6 to 8 weeks, that's not "just like factory"

This is what happens when you buy gear from Leisurepro - you are at their mercy when it comes to fixing or replacing something. Was the savings really worth it?

Almost all the scuba manufacturers list the retail facilities who are authorized to to carry and sell their product on their web sites. It is always best to make sure that you are purchasing from someone who has the support of the manufacturer whether it is a retail facility or an internet retailer. In the few years that we have been an authorized Oceanic retailer, I am constantly amazed at the 110% that Oceanic puts forth on a day to day basis. It's nice to know that there is still humanity in this industry.

Back
Top Bottom