Brand New GoPro User First Dive This weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
HI All!!

I just got my first GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition camera. I haven't purchased any accessories or anything yet. I am doing my first dives with it this weekend in Carmel. I am going to open the package, update and start learning how to use it tonight.

Any tips for mounting, lighting, recording, setting...ANYTHING is appreciated. I am going to watch youtube videos and search for any tips on line tonight as well.

THanks!!

This is a great source for information on what you're looking for: GoPro Video

Id also suggest trying out most modes and mount settings your intending to use around the house, this will give you an idea of what to expect and also show you how tricky it may be to keep steady. Mounts like a basic monopod or tray will help a lot if your intending to use it hand held as the camera on its own as 00wabbit says above is very small and hard to keep still without a little help from your mount. There are plenty of options from DIY to commercial mounts and looking around here will give you a good idea of what people are using.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom