Brand loyalty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i tend to appreciate the better products and support those - but customer service counts

im hugely supportive of a local (but small) suit manufacture Seatec Product Catalogue and of course like many others to zeagle also........ we have a great local zeagle guy (divetub here on SB) so his service and attention helps maintain my loyalty

cheers

I am kind of amazed by the brand loyalty mentality. Like Ken, I need a reason to be loyal to a brand or business. If you want me to wear a t-shirt with a company logo, pay me or at least give me the shirt for free.

From a shop perspective I like my Instructors to wear what I sell. I feel it makes them more likely to buy from me.

Before I opened, However, I felt every brand made one peice of equipment best and I chose my gear accordingly i.e. Fins from Company A, BC from Co B, etc.

I stick with all of my wings being the same brand. That way if something breaks, I can switch out for another part from a different wing in a pinch.

Personally, I'm amazed that people need to be bought to have loyalty. I'm loyal to products that are high quality and have good customer service. To me that's as good a reason as any to be loyal. Divers aren't alone in that respect. I worked in the bicycle industry, and found that cyclist are incredibly brand loyal, far more than divers.

Ok, I have seen people talk about shops they work for wanting them to wear the shops brand. Sort of fair enough.

My question is, how brand loyal is everyone? Do you try to stay with one brand? Do you mix and match to your hearts content? I'm curious about this. Thanks

For me selecting scuba equipment is more like building a hot rod - you select a variety of parts that best suit your purpose. My regular rig includes Dive Rite, Golem, Scuba Pro, Salvo, Suunto, Oceanic, Pinnacle, OMS, Genisis, etc. Parts that make up a whole.

I have no brand loyalty, I just try to buy known quality brands. So everything is different except for some reason I've ended up with Tusa fins, boots and mask. But all are recent purchases, I used to have an Aqualung mask, Mares fins and Scubapro boots.

Brand loyalty would be kinda tough since most people have to go to different manufacturers for different types of equipment. Personally, I have been trying to use mostly scuba pro regs for the last 12-15 years (primarily because I can meet a guy in the parking lot and have them fixed without geting screwed at the local dive shops).

I really appreciate the value. service and quality of Princeton Tech lights. For fins and masks, Cressi-sub generally seems to be my favorite. I have lots of other brands of gear too.

I am kind of amazed by the brand loyalty mentality. Like Ken, I need a reason to be loyal to a brand or business. If you want me to wear a t-shirt with a company logo, pay me or at least give me the shirt for free.

Well, I understand what your saying but have you tried to buy a wetsuit or even a regulator that does not have a huge logo spread across it--especially BARE and Henderson are particularly horrid and gouch. Once upon a time the company logo would be a small patch, now they write it across peoples butts and given the size of some of them the letters and logos are nearly billboard size. Should'nt they give us a discount for advertising for them?

Once upon a time divers were very brand loyal, at least I think they were. You were either a USD or Voit diver or a Sportsways etc. These were all full line companies that could supply a complete ensembleu nlike many today. There were not as many specialty companies that do some things very well like make wings and plates or divelights etc.

4db6_1.jpg

voit.jpg

N

I am a new diver and i have just started to buy gear the one thing no one has spoken of is there LDS you would think people would be loyal to the them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom