Brand loyalty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, I have seen people talk about shops they work for wanting them to wear the shops brand. Sort of fair enough.

My question is, how brand loyal is everyone? Do you try to stay with one brand? Do you mix and match to your hearts content? I'm curious about this. Thanks

I think everyone here has their prefferance when it comes to gear. But I think ultimately as long as it works, I'll use whatever. I am partial to Zeagle myself, particularly for regulators, but I don't dive exclusively Zeagle gear...just primarily :wink:

For some reason, and I swear I didn't really do it on purpose, I dive almost exclusivly Beuchat gear. I didn't even really think about it until I saw this thread and started thinking about what I dive. I have some stuff made by Mares, SeaTec, Aqualung, ScubaPro, and a few others, but my "go-to" gear is almost all Beuchat.

So yeah, I guess I am loyal to a brand.

I think loyalty is directly related to reliability. We start with the gear we think or are convinced is the best, and if it proves reliable, we develop loyalty to that brand. I started w/ all Dive Rite gear & over the years have ended up w/ several different manufacturer's in the gear bag.

Until the checks start coming THIS way, there is no brand loyalty.

I use what I use because it works best for me. If I find something that works better, I kick the current gear to eBay and get the replacement.

Its that simple. Diving is too much fun to manage gear drama. My stuff works perfect and stays out of the way. If I can do better, its out.

I don't get attached to stuff. My loyalty is to me and my buddy, not to a brand.

---
Ken

mix and match

just like my technique

loyality is great, when it is earned.

I have certain brands I try first, SP, Halcyon, Henderson

Some brands I will not consider at all. other than that, it is a free-for-all.

I use whatever works.
They are chargeing me to use their gear, when I get paid to use it and get it free then I will use it exclusively!!!

Until the checks start coming THIS way, there is no brand loyalty.
Ken I think you said it best. No brand loyalty here. There are companies I like and prefer, but that's because I feel they make high quality gear. It in no way means that I'll only buy from those companies.

IMO, since diving is such a personal choice, most divers mix and match. Some like a certain brand for regulators, others have a first choice fin, wetsuit/drysuit etc.

Divers are a cool bunch. They are hard to BS. They seek out the best and they discard the rest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom