Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USAF Diver

Reaction score
I'm sure most have heard that this week the Pentagon is going to submit a list of bases it will recommend for closure to the Base Realignment and Closure Committee (BRAC). Is anyone here likely to be affected? I have heard that Patrick AFB where I am at is fairly "safe" but you never know.

Let me formally submit that they close the base at which I am at: Camp Victory, Iraq!

I wonder if they got rid of all the recruiting bn's if that would help :06: .

DMP:
I wonder if they got rid of all the recruiting bn's if that would help :06: .
And admit they spent thousands (millions?) on flashy websites, videeos, posters and the likes? And the people to accept, with eager arms open, the influx of new long-haired civvies desperate to serve their country? Say it ain't so......... :wink:

Never mind, I guess you kinda hafta be there.

FreeFloat:
And admit they spent thousands (millions?) on flashy websites, videeos, posters and the likes? And the people to accept, with eager arms open, the influx of new long-haired civvies desperate to serve their country? Say it ain't so......... :wink:

Never mind, I guess you kinda hafta be there.

Happens in some places, great results. When you are in a Liberal area it has a different response.

Im guessing we are safe at Bragg....too much special ops, then there's division.....yada yada....

Since our contract dies in Sept Im more worried about BEING employed than WHERE I am employed.

Rumors out here include Travis AFB, Defense Language Institute in Monterey Beale AFB. California bases got whacked hard in the past closures as well.

I thought I heard of a closure of a Europe base was also on the list.

We'll know tomorrow.

Here is the list, as provided by FoxNews.com

Europe got hit big, I wonder if they can handle the sudden loss in their economy.

Everyone here at NSA/DSCP in Philly is breathing again, as it was widely speculated in this are that we would be closed along with Willow Grove. We made it through this time, but it looks like Willow Grove didn't fare so well. Is everyone here on the board okay?

J.

Back
Top Bottom