bp/wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently purchased a mach v wing, here's how streamlined it looks in the water and on land. It's the most stable single tank wing I've dove, almost as comfortable as diving doubles.
4829_556275838615_201400707_33438437_6494033_n.jpg

4829_556275833625_201400707_33438436_4732131_n.jpg
4829_556275823645_201400707_33438434_7727979_n.jpg

n201400707_33008181_946803.jpg

n201400707_33008182_6102855.jpg

I'd reccomend the Halcyon 40 lb Eclipse. Just bought one used it on 8 dives so far with a LP 108 and a couple with a LP 85 and love it. They can get expensive though so shop around. I think I may have gotten the best deal in the Country on mine. Without a crazy deal, I can't justify the extra few hundred over a Dive Rite setup.

If caves are not an issue the oms 40 wing with bungees it streamlines great with singles, and is very tough

I have a DSS LCD 30, I also have the Dive Rite Venture (it's 40 lbs)

For single tank diving, in my opinion there is no question....go with a 30 lb. lift wing. A 40 is too much for most diving.

I think too much is made about horseshoe vs. doughnut wings. Either is fine.

Trapping air in a wing wouldn't be of any concern either. I would base my choice on the most streamlined wing that was the size I needed and not much bigger.

All of the brands are good. HOG, Oxycheq, DSS, Halcyon, Golem, OMS, etc. all probably make very serviceable wings. Any one of them would be a good choice.

For a complete package, ready to dive setup. You won't beat Deep Sea Supply for a High quality, great value and competitively priced rig. They have the biggest selection of different sized, shaped, and type (horseshoe or doughnut) of wings.

They make one of the best plates out there in my opinion.

-Mitch

All the wings mentioned here are fine products that will do the job. The great thing about a BP/W setup is the flexibility.

I use the DiveRite Venture Wing as my primary single tank wing. I have other wings as well, for other purposes. I can tell you I have had great luck with all my DiveRite wings --I own three of them, and have owned a DiveRite Nomad in the past as well.

I would probably have gone with the DSS wing, but I don't like the dump valve in the middle, although I have friends who own them and love them.

Jeff

All the wings mentioned here are fine products that will do the job. The great thing about a BP/W setup is the flexibility.

Exactly, I like the DSS plate with the extra weight plates (keeps lead off my waist) and a Oxycheck 40# single tank wing with my drysuit. I prefer the placement of the tank used with single tank adapters. For the tropics I have a Diverite Aluminum plate and Oxycheck 30# single which I have a couple of lead weight pockets on the tank straps again to keep weight off my waist - makes it nice to hand the plate and tank up to the boat crew after the dive, stay buoyant and not have to hand up the weight belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom