Bp/w ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about just getting an extra set of bands and diving indies when on vacation?

Yeah I know, plenty of arguments against them. I'm not even a fan, but...

Cheaper than a wing.
Only one reg setup needed (and/or no need to make changes to your rig to switch back and forth).
While not as good as a manifold, you still at least have redundancy, unlike with a single tank.
No annoying cam bands to deal with.
No need to switch tanks between dives.

What about just getting an extra set of bands and diving indies when on vacation?

Yeah I know, plenty of arguments against them. I'm not even a fan, but...

Cheaper than a wing.
Only one reg setup needed (and/or no need to make changes to your rig to switch back and forth).
While not as good as a manifold, you still at least have redundancy, unlike with a single tank.
No annoying cam bands to deal with.
No need to switch tanks between dives.

Thought of trying that a few times, but in many vacation-diving locales they already get nervous enough when they see me breakout the BP/W, 7' hose, and a drysuit. If I started diving doubles in Bonaire or Curacao they would think I was actually nuts!

:eyebrow:

Trust me, it's the drysuit that makes them think you're nuts! And I agree :D On the other hand getting in and out of a 3mm is such a PITA.

I've never had anyone look at me funny because of 7' hose, canister light, not wearing any weight, XL Jetfins, or the BP/W...except for the very first time diving the BP Aruba, at least a few years ago.

People look at me funny more because of the monster camera rig then because of any of my North Easternish gear.

Back
Top Bottom