BP/W web setup??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, I'm an idiot. I've spent the last hour on the boards and countless more trying to figure this one out. :(

I'm setting up my BP/W. I have everything together but here's what happens:

I know from other BP/W divers that the shoulder straps should be fairly snug, but not tight, 2 or 3 fingers worth of slack. But the belt should be tight, or, at least tighter than the shoulder straps. Cool. But, when I tighten up the belt, it also tightens up the shoulder straps. It's an Apeks BP and their web kit. I put the tri-bars on the webbing on the back of the plate to keep the shoulders from tightening up, but eventually they somehow slip through, making the whole rig out of whack, shifting to one side.

I know I'm missing something obvious, so be nice,

Phrustrated in Phoenix,

Darin

Darin:
I put the tri-bars on the webbing on the back of the plate to keep the shoulders from tightening up, but eventually they somehow slip through, making the whole rig out of whack, shifting to one side.
Which is it, The triglides slip through the holes or the webbing slips through the triglides?

Sorry...

The triglides pop through the backplate, staying firmly where they're supposed to be on the webbing, but now on the wrong side of the plate.

Darin:
Sorry...

The triglides pop through the backplate, staying firmly where they're supposed to be on the webbing, but now on the wrong side of the plate.
Halcyon Plates did the same thing. Buy a couple of triglides that have the "teeth" in them, they tend to be bigger.

These do have the teeth in them. I could measure them to see if there are any bigger ones out there.

Hmm, back to the drawing board.

Maybe try threading a length of bicycle tire innertube through them. I have that with mine to prevent wear and it makes for a really tight fit through the triglides.

taliesin58:
Maybe try threading a length of bicycle tire innertube through them. I have that with mine to prevent wear and it makes for a really tight fit through the triglides.

Hmm, I can't picture this..sorry. Put the tube on the webbing then through the triglide?? Man, that'd be tough, those things fit pretty snugly on the webbing already. Or the tube somewhere else?

Darin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom