BP/W removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I'll just keep the bp/w on at all times. After all hurricane season is coming and I live on the gulf coast. :D

I may just mount the compass and computer on neoprene straps to make them easier to flip to the underside of my arms when necessary.

That's Yoda, not yoga. And you should have advised me "do or do not, there is no try."

I have a ringed dry glove system and I love my QR. I squeeze the buckle on my left should and out I come. Going back in I don't even need it but can snap the QR back on and away we go. I practice doing this now and then as though I were entangled to the point where I need to get out, turn and face my rig/solve the problem, then get back in.

It's as convenient at the surface or sitting on the boat too.

--Matt

TSandM:
I don't ever seem to have a problem with catching my compass or my computer, but that's because the dry glove rings have already caused havoc :)

If I can sit down and slither down a little, it's generally pretty easy. In the water, it can be annoying but I always manage. It's worth it to me to have the uncluttered harness.

Have you tried a non ring system? (Just the gloves with d/suit seals attached) I have a number of buddies who far prefer them to rings. THey are a little trickier to get on until you get used to them but far less bulky.

I'm going to give mine a go at the weekend.

I have a compass on a retractor and I bolted the retractor to the backplate. I wear a wrist mount computer on the left but my right wrist has nothing on it. As long as I can get one arm free then I can detangle the other arm.

limeyx:
Have you tried a non ring system? (Just the gloves with d/suit seals attached) I have a number of buddies who far prefer them to rings. THey are a little trickier to get on until you get used to them but far less bulky.

I'm going to give mine a go at the weekend.

Now there's what I like - rather than fix the basic design flaw in a Hog harness ( the difficulty of getting out of it in a cold water suit) just add WORSE solutions.

I use a single-strap BP/W with my drysuit, and had the same problem - both my wrist computer and shoulder dump (opposite arms) caught on the straps. I just inflate the BC so it tries to float off, then duck my head under the water, raise my arms straight over my head, and duck right out of the straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom