BP/W help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greybeard47

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello I'm looking to get a single and double setup.
I'm 5'10" and 210lbs and will be diving 95% in Canadian waters,85% in cold lakes
10% in cold ocean waters,5% in tropical southern water.

For my home waters I will be diving a Fusion dry-suit with Faber FX 100 hp
as a single and as a double setup .Possibly adding a set of Worthington hp 130's
later this summer.

For down south a Bare 3/2 wetsuit with a single AL 80 with 12lbs of weight.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

DSS single tank rig with SS plate and 30 lb wing for singles
DSS doubles rig with SS plate and 50 lb wing for the doubles. Hog harness on both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I'm looking to get a single and double setup.
I'm 5'10" and 210lbs and will be diving 95% in Canadian waters,85% in cold lakes
10% in cold ocean waters,5% in tropical southern water.

For my home waters I will be diving a Fusion dry-suit with Faber FX 100 hp
as a single and as a double setup .Possibly adding a set of Worthington hp 130's
later this summer.

For down south a Bare 3/2 wetsuit with a single AL 80 with 12lbs of weight.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

GB,

Your wing needs to be sized for your most buoyant suit. Are you using your fusion now?

If so you can test your suit's buoyancy. With actual numbers I can select the smallest wings that safely meet your needs. That pays dividends when you take this gear to warm water where much smaller wings could be used.

If we are careful selecting cold water wings they won't be way to big when you travel to warm water.

If you need some tips on testing your suit let me know.

If you are currently diving your fusion I can estimate it's buoyancy if you provide me with your current configuration, suit, tank, bc and total lead.

Tobin

Hi Tobin,

Currently I'm not diving the Fusion, as I will be getting it delivered in about a week.
I do need to get my single wing setup this week though. In fresh water with the
Bare 3/2, Zeagle Stiletto bcd, Faber FX100 hp tank I use 6lbs of lead.
I will be using Fusion Mk2 undergarments if that helps. As most of my diving is
in cold water I don't mind using a slightly larger than needed wing down south as it will still be smaller than my Stiletto I'm sure.

Please let me know if that helps at all.

Hi Tobin,

Currently I'm not diving the Fusion, as I will be getting it delivered in about a week.
I do need to get my single wing setup this week though. In fresh water with the
Bare 3/2, Zeagle Stiletto bcd, Faber FX100 hp tank I use 6lbs of lead.
I will be using Fusion Mk2 undergarments if that helps. As most of my diving is
in cold water I don't mind using a slightly larger than needed wing down south as it will still be smaller than my Stiletto I'm sure.

Please let me know if that helps at all.

We are going to have to guess at the buoyancy of your Fusion w/ MK2.

It's unlikely that your suit will be more than 30 lbs positive, which makes a LCD 30 a reasonable choice. If we had numbers on the suit a 26 might have been in the running.

You will want a Medium Stainless plate, you will need ballast for both your cold water application and your warm water application.

You may want weight plates, and with a LCD 30 you have enough wing to allow you to use them.

A medium plate and harness is about -6 lbs, a full HP 100 is about -10 lbs and a reg is -2 lbs. That makes your "rig" ~-18 with a full tank. If you add the wweight plates your rig is -26 with a full tank and provides about 16 lbs of ballast with an empty tank.

If we assume your suit is ~+26 with minimum gas in it you would need about 10 lbs in a weight belt.

For warm water you simply remove the weight plates. In a 3mm suit and al 80 you need about 8 lbs of total ballast and the plate, harness and reg provides this.

Recap:

Medium Stainless Backplate
Hogarthian Harness
LCD 30 wing
(cambands and wedge blocks included)

Optional 8.1 lbs bolt on weights.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tobin

Hi Tobin,

Thank you so much, I'm going to my LDS tomorrow. I will get back too you in the next 2 weeks and let you know how it all works out.

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom