BP/w Grab Handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a deep 6 wing and they have a carry handle on it! I know some other brands have that kind of thing as well.

Let me experiment on my own stuff and I’ll get back to you. Gotta make sure the geometry works with the 1st stage, hoses, and all that good stuff.
I ran it past my daughter who is using the Freedom Plate and she said under no circumstances can I change it. I'm such a proud scuba dad.

I guess I will have to stick with lifting it by the harness or tank valve. That is really the big deal. An unknowing dm grabbing by the regulator to lift it out of the water not realizing that the harness is there or the tank valve.

Let me experiment on my own stuff and I’ll get back to you. Gotta make sure the geometry works with the 1st stage, hoses, and all that good stuff.

Don't forget the back of the user's head.

I don't really see handles on wings like the older Halcyon stuff
my main 1/4 inch stainless plate would kill it at ten pounds ish

The plastic bakpaks average about ten pounds of number 5
and if less was required, I think expanding foam would work?????????????

I seal the holes in the paks with glue and bungs so no water

I have a deep 6 wing and they have a carry handle on it! I know some other brands have that kind of thing as well.

The handle on wing is for you to carry the wing. You should never carry your rig with tank attached by that, or any part of the wing.

Freedom Plate's Cousin

ez-pak-web-routing-jpg.459415.jpg

Attachments

• ez-pak-in-open-carryon-jpg.459417.jpg
    ez-pak-in-open-carryon-jpg.459417.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 92
The threads safely hold back 3000psi (5000 during a hydro), they can take a couple extra pounds when being lifted. Lifting a tank by the valve is standard practice.
The threads take an axial (to the valve) load. Lifting the tank by the valve is a radial (to the valve) load.

Unless you've checked, you can't trust that an axial load design can take much radial load.

Your comparison is flawed. While I have no issues grabbing my tank by the valve close to the vertical part, I'm quite sceptical to lifting my tank by the tank valve wheel. I don't trust that that torque is within the valve's design specs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom