BP/w Grab Handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpedersen

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’ve been away for a long time.
My last several dives were with various rented bc’s. Haven’t really liked the bulk of any of them. Now I’m headed into the bp/w world. There’s no question about ‘what to get.’ My question here is - is anyone including some type of grab handle on a back plate? A few decades ago I was diving with an Aqua Lung backpack. It was made of plastic, resembled today’s bp’s, had tank straps and harness. It also had a very nice hand/grab hold molded into the plastic.

you can still get the plastic backplates from places like Piranha that have grab handles, but at the same time, the straps themselves are quite good for picking the rig up and if you have a tank mounted, you want to handle it from the tank itself

I tied a loop of paracord to mine.

I cringe when I see people grab the tank valves for a carry.

I've been hung up on a place to grab and carry, as previously described. Thanks all. I'm inspired to be creative. There's a lot of slots on that backplate. And of course, two handing the tank is fine as well.

thanks.

There is an aftermarket handle that bolts to the top of the plate. LeisurePro IIRC had them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom