BP/W are banned! And other fun things I've learned on my first chartered dive ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

never heard of any bc, bp/w, jacket, or backinflate having 80lbs of lift. the biggest I have seen is 45lbs of lift. guess that boat captain is on crack.

The dive itself was done at St-Paul-De-l-'ile aux noix it's north of Champlain Lake I think. In Quebec, Canada.

I'd rather not mention the company, I don't like the idea of bashing a public company behind the joys of internet anonymity.

Profile has been updated.

daedalusx,
welcome to this board.
you posted a very unique thread.
i'm sure you will receive other diver's opinions,support and similar stories.
regards,

What is it with "dive professionals" and their superior ability to find new ways to insult thier customers? To instruct and give advice is one thing, to insult is noway to keep customers.

troll.gif

wstein:
never heard of any bc, bp/w, jacket, or backinflate having 80lbs of lift. the biggest I have seen is 45lbs of lift. guess that boat captain is on crack.

The Zeagle Tech BC's have a 60lb (I think) wing, and I'm sure I have seen bigger wings than that on various tech sites.

Z...

Boy, and I thought it was bad just being told I was going to strangle myself on that long hose . . .

Well, one of my mottos is that life is composed of great experiences and good stories. You got a good story out of this one, now you just need to find some great experiences :)

LOL! Is there a jacket style BC with 80LBS. of lift?

Zeeman:
That is what I was thinking, but I enjoyed the story so much, I figured it would be more fun to roll with it..

Z...

I want to go diving with that outfit it sounds funner than a trip to disneyland
I will make sure to bring my DSS and some homemade flippers made out of plywood and bungee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom