BP Bolt and Wing Nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resqsqurt

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Sorry, guys! I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't seem to find it. I've got a Hammerhead SS backplate with STA. I need to know what size bolts to get to assemble everything. Any help from you would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don't they come with bolts? Seems strange that they wouldn't.

The standard is 5/16" stainless carriage bolt and wing nut. I like to use a lockwasher on mine. Makes it a bit harder to loosen when in use.

Yeah that does sound strange. I got BP from them a couple of years ago, and I swear I remember it coming with bolts and wingnuts. I had to buy some lock washers. You might want to call/email Ed (I believe), to see if your order comes with the hardware.

The bolts and wing nuts should have shipped with your STA. Call Hammerhead and I'm sure they'll send you a set. And yes, the bolts are 5/16". If you plan on diving doubles later on, some of the bands use 3/8" bolts. I had to drill out my Hammerhead plate yesterday to accomodate them. Most of the other plates I've seen have 3/8 holes standard.

Found them. Guess my husband didn't see them last night and I didn't recheck this morning before posting the question. Thanks for all of your help and I'll know next time if I happen to need another one! Sorry to have posted a semi-useless thread...

The standard size for a BP/STA is 5/16. 3/8 size is for the double band for a larger than AL80 tanks. You can use 5/16 size for a larger tank if there is a wiggling issue.

5/16" is the industry standard. If you need 3/8" that should take about 2 minutes with
a nice new drill bit. I believe the length is 1-1/4" if you use a single tank adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom