Boy vs. Girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and what's a paddleboard?

:rofl3: Not what you're thinking! :rofl3: :rofl3: Oh, she's going to kill me...

BTW, it's me he's looking to compete with at the moment :D I have too much of an advantage on the cardio machines at the gym because I'm 60 pounds lighter and though he can produce more strides than me the machines take weight into consideration on their distance calculations so I usually win :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

Yeah those machines have a goofy weight compensation calculation... Looking for a more real world thing like what aquaman13 suggested. I'm sure we will be mutually supportive, considerate, and not once make light of each other's missteps, injuries, or other goofs...anybody buying that??? :D

Well, slacklining is kinda hard to explain, but simple in practice, yet challenging, sorry if I lost you already, but it is pretty much a strap of webbing stretched really tight across two points, such as two trees, 2 in. wide ratcheting tie-down straps would work, though they do make actual "slacklines" you can get them from Mountain Gear, or other rock climbing places, usually. Then all you do is try to walk across this streched piece of webbing.

Dude, I think you're trying to kill me. OK Rabbit, I fear nothing! (As long as the slackline is near ground level. :wink:)

Ah, no worries, the slackline can be no more than a couple feet off the ground or hundreds of feet over a canyon, your choice, have fun either way..._o)

Hopefully low enough to the ground that when I fall I...uh...hmm...won't end up on some funniest home video. :shocked:

Well, slacklining is kinda hard to explain, but simple in practice, yet challenging, sorry if I lost you already, but it is pretty much a strap of webbing stretched really tight across two points, such as two trees, 2 in. wide ratcheting tie-down straps would work, though they do make actual "slacklines" you can get them from Mountain Gear, or other rock climbing places, usually. Then all you do is try to walk across this streched piece of webbing.
Are you supposed to be doing this like a balance beam or do you get something to hang onto like a two rope bridge?

A paddleboard is pretty much a really long surfboard, usually around 12 ft, and you lay down on it and paddle, you can sprint paddle or do long distance, or you can go pro. and buy a "real" paddleboard, which looks a lot like a thin kayak that you kneel on. I use an old windsurfing board without the sail, very fun.

Hope I cleared it up a little, any other questions, please ask.
Have fun competing
My shoulder would never hold out for that I'm sure. Sounds like fun though.

:rofl3: Not what you're thinking! :rofl3: :rofl3: Oh, she's going to kill me...

Yeah those machines have a goofy weight compensation calculation... Looking for a more real world thing like what aquaman13 suggested. I'm sure we will be mutually supportive, considerate, and not once make light of each other's missteps, injuries, or other goofs...anybody buying that??? :D
Clearly someone is posting drunk and has no grasp of the real world at the moment :D

Dude, I think you're trying to kill me. OK Rabbit, I fear nothing! (As long as the slackline is near ground level. :wink:)

I got in trouble on a two rope bridge once for bouncing across it and nearly launching the person in front of me who hadn't cleared yet :eyebrow: You're going first :crafty:

If you do, I would be much obliged to see it..._o)

I'll be sure to bring a video camera :D THIS could be good! :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

If you do, I would be much obliged to see it..._o)

Oh great, she has an ally! :11:

Clearly someone is posting drunk and has no grasp of the real world at the moment :D

OK, so I taunted you with your favorite beverage. Sorry! No grasp....:rofl3:

I got in trouble on a two rope bridge once for bouncing across it and nearly launching the person in front of me who hadn't cleared yet :eyebrow: You're going first :crafty:

Bring it Rabbit! I have a weight advantage. You have a balance advantage. I can see the medical reports now...:D

I'll be sure to bring a video camera :D THIS could be good! :rofl3:

We share contest winnings, less medical co-pay.

To Ber Rabbit
(I really need to figure out how to quote, anyone help?)

As for your question, yes, you do it like the balance beam, nothing to help you, fun stuff.

(I really need to figure out how to quote, anyone help?)

PM sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom