BOV and DS feed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my rack has the 3l providing air *usually EAN32* for the wing and drysuit with the onboard 50's for dilout. I still leave the whips on the doubles regs for the wing and drysuit and can swap them over pretty readily. If you follow the "2's" on prejump then you shouldn't magically have a runaway descent though if I was in blue water I would be tempted to put a traditional drysuit bottle on.

What'r the 2's

Drysuit, separate bottle.
Bov, wing, and adv all on board 3l
Qc6 plummes into the manifold to feed all from a bailout bottle.

Ted's 2's from Ted McCoy, applicable to most rebreathers
2 pressure checks-positive and negative
2 monitors-handset and HUD
2 MAV's-O2 and Dil
2 inflators-suit and wing

Makes sense. Similar to my prejump ritual except you’ve got a name for it.

Drysuit, separate bottle.
Bov, wing, and adv all on board 3l
Qc6 plummes into the manifold to feed all from a bailout bottle.

You’re not concerned about having your bov on such a small bottle?

Wing/Drysuit Inflation always from 2 sources!

Happened last dive, had roughly enough left in my drysuit bottle to do the dive according to the button gauge.

Turned out I didn’t quite have enough for the last depth change .... no problem, swap out my wing inflate over to the drysuit and all was fine and dandy! (Wing rarely gets touched once underwater)

_R

Wing/Drysuit Inflation always from 2 sources!

Happened last dive, had roughly enough left in my drysuit bottle to do the dive according to the button gauge.

Turned out I didn’t quite have enough for the last depth change .... no problem, swap out my wing inflate over to the drysuit and all was fine and dandy! (Wing rarely gets touched once underwater)

_R

not entirely sure that's a good argument for it, I think that's more of an argument for making sure your bottles are filled properly since you just ran out of gas....

not entirely sure that's a good argument for it, I think that's more of an argument for making sure your bottles are filled properly since you just ran out of gas....

True running out of gas is it’s own issue... same with not having access to gas in BOTH your buoyancy devices at once...

The bottle was filled to 210bar, did 2 dives, button gauge read 100bar remaining... clearly not 100bar was left as evidenced by the lack of gas..

_R

You mean like all recreational dives? It will probably be fine.
If not, you open the valve and inflate from another source. Or plug in to either bailout bottle.

using recreational diving as a comparison is a weak argument - were in a rebreather forum and your referencing cold water deep wreck dives - recreational divers are often diving with jacket bcd with dumpable weights, less than 30m. no redundancy, and one dive computer -sorry, "probably fine" is sloppy .

quite right, however despite our best efforts we make mistakes and he did find himself in that situation- isnt a lot of tech diving about risk mitigation and despite 'knowing" we can swap over feeds for wing/DS doing it on the fly when your sinking and carrying a couple of tanks is another thing especially when you consider suit squeeze etc.

unless you can swap your inflator hose over in less than 20 seconds youll be picking up a bit of speed and then youve got other issues like PO2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom