Bought an Oceanic Dive Computer at an estate sale. What model is this, and is it worth what I paid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's either a VT Pro or Versa Pro. They look identical except the model will be stamped to the right of the main button. This one appears to be a VT Pro. They operate the same except the first is air integrated. This one will have extra menu options to sync with a transmitter and have an extra row of numbers at the bottom of the screen showing the psi in the tank. The plastic boots fall apart over time. You can use as is or replace with a bungee boot which will protect it and works better than straps. Both can be mounted in a console if you can find one, or can be mounted with a retractor. Both are a special design because these are definitely NOT puck style. Doesn't really make sense to mount an AI computer in a console but for the Versa Pro it could work for you.

These have rather liberal NDL algorithms but somewhat restrictive 02 toxicity levels (when diving Nitrox) for what that's worth. And the backlight probably doesn't work. There are two models of Versa Pro, the earlier one doesn't prompt for a safety stop.

Hi @LI-er

The Oceanic computers use the NOAA O2 table with 24 hour cliff vesting rather than using a 90 min half-life of O2 elimination

Sorry, I meant a single button on the front rather than the two front buttons of the VT3 and VT4

It's either a VT Pro or Versa Pro. They look identical except the model will be stamped to the right of the main button. This one appears to be a VT Pro. They operate the same except the first is air integrated. This one will have extra menu options to sync with a transmitter and have an extra row of numbers at the bottom of the screen showing the psi in the tank. The plastic boots fall apart over time. You can use as is or replace with a bungee boot which will protect it and works better than straps. Both can be mounted in a console if you can find one, or can be mounted with a retractor. Both are a special design because these are definitely NOT puck style. Doesn't really make sense to mount an AI computer in a console but for the Versa Pro it could work for you.

These have rather liberal NDL algorithms but somewhat restrictive 02 toxicity levels (when diving Nitrox) for what that's worth. And the backlight probably doesn't work. There are two models of Versa Pro, the earlier one doesn't prompt for a safety stop.
It is definitely a VT Pro. You can see it in the OP's first picture, here enhanced:
1705954012063.png

The backlight does work, actually. And the estate sale said I could come by and grab the transmitter from them for free since they don’t have a use for it and I already bought the item.

Beginning to feel like I hit the lottery, lol.
OMG - Score!!!

Here are some pictures for reference of a couple of similar computers that I recently fixed with $6 straps from Amazon.

One with the boot, one without.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2315.jpeg
    IMG_2315.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 37
The backlight does work, actually. And the estate sale said I could come by and grab the transmitter from them for free since they don’t have a use for it and I already bought the item.

You certainly did if the transmitter is functional. It alone if working is worth minimum $200.00, probably more. Good for you.

No doubt! I want you to go shopping with me at estate sales....

I've acquired about half-a-dozen similar looking dive computers as part of bulk-purchases or regulator purchases. IMO, I would not pay $45 for that, based on information provided or known in the OP.

If it's actually a VT Pro, with a good wrist-strap, it's could probably sell for $100 to $140 on eBay.

edit: Getting a free transmitter is a good score. You got lucky this time!

Back
Top Bottom