Boracay in May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesanywhere

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello. Have a pretty broad question. Visiting a friend in Manila mid-May. Would like to dive for a week and would be using Manila to enter and exit the country. He suggested Boracay but is not a diver so he did not have much info on that aspect but seemed to be more interested in the beach/party atmosphere. I would like a combination of the two--good diving and something to do at night. Been diving for 10 years but this is my first Asian trip. I've seen a couple threads about whale sharks in oslob and the wreck diving I believe in Cebu. I'm not a mucker or tech. I'm pretty much open but I guess the first question is, does Boracay have enough diving for a week? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Not really looking for a live aboard is the only real constraint.
Thanks in advance.

Almost certainly not IMHO. There aren't that many good sites. Crocodile island is nice and yapak to the north has probably a few dives you could do. After that, it's really not that great or diversified. It's a fun place if you like to party, that is for sure. And you could see some cool stuff diving for a couple of days.

Something to do at night and with good diving to throw in! You probably have very limited choices I am afraid.
Two places spring into my mind: Subic Bay and Puerto Galera.
Subic Bay which is at least 3 hrs by bus north of Manila. Diving is mainly wrecks. Not much current to worry about.
Puerto Galera which is at least 4hrs by bus and boat south of Manila. A lot better under water than Subic but the current can be brutal in some sites.
Anilao is just across on the mainland(Luzon) and the diving is mainly macro but there is absolutely no night life to think about!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom