Boracay diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
going to boracay for Christmas and thinking of getting some dives done. have tried some mediocre dive sites before but wasnt experienced enough to try yapak then. would also like to try maningning. which dive shops go to maningning? pls recommend dive shops with pinoy rates (if there is such a thing) and preferrably pinoy DMs with experience taking care of photogs. names, websites, email and numbers would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

going to boracay for Christmas and thinking of getting some dives done. have tried some mediocre dive sites before but wasnt experienced enough to try yapak then. would also like to try maningning. which dive shops go to maningning? pls recommend dive shops with pinoy rates (if there is such a thing) and preferrably pinoy DMs with experience taking care of photogs. names, websites, email and numbers would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

they usually recommend calypso. i'll go for scubaworld look for neil castaño 09184334488 tell him jon and caloy of pipho/dpp referred you. he's a photog himself nice dude. i think maggie & zee dove with him last time around.

yup, i recommend Neil...and when you see Neil, send my regards to him. Will be there January.

and oh, im not really sure Yapak is the best place to dive with a camera :)rofl2: for zee)...have you tried crocodile island? you'd get nicer subjects there.

thanks Magz. i just dive with a camera by default but intend to just enjoy the scenery if there is no macro. will give me a chance to try the wide angle feature too. i also do not intend to go beyond recreational limits so i hope cam will be okay (fingers crossed)

How much is diving in Boracay?

Php1500/dive.

they usually recommend calypso. i'll go for scubaworld look for neil castaño 09184334488 tell him jon and caloy of pipho/dpp referred you. he's a photog himself nice dude. i think maggie & zee dove with him last time around.

I'll second that. Neil is a photog too, and he gave me a helping hand with CS3 :) He is very helpful and full of good info Just don't follow him below 40m when your housing is rated to 40m...

Z...

had some good macro dives in boracay and one action dive in yapak. unfortunately neil was in manila at that time but he assigned a very able DM to take care of us. scubaworld's got a very good op in boracay. sometimes there were just two of us diving but we will be accompanied by as many as three DMs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom