Boracay diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

going to boracay would also like to try maningning. which dive shops go to maningning? !

I realize this is an old post but regarding dive trips and Maniguin: I wouldn't pick a trip based on a dive shop, I would pick it based on the boat you're riding. You can get a pretty smooth ride south on many days but then the wind kicks up and it's a looooong ride home. The 35 footers will be wet and rough coming back.
Victory has the Isla, a very nice 65 footer. I think he rents it to Calypso too. Fisheye is getting an 80 footer made. (I just saw it down in Tiolas in early Dec, being built by the same guy who built the Isla....very nice boat). Those type of boats make a rough ride much more tolerable...along with a hearty supply of Tanduay or SM....:D

Unfortunately, I only managed to do 1 dive in Boracay, went diving with the group in front of Beachcombers, which is where we were staying. I can't remember the name of the business though. I would have gone with Calypso if it weren't for the distance. The name of the DM was Giller, nice dude, very patient. I had issues equalizing. Diving was good enough, I had the boat and the DM all to myself. Dive was at PHP1300 since I brought my own gear.

Well, being a first timer, Boracay didn't disappoint. Had a few drinks at Discovery Shores, that place rocks, nice and quiet, will try to stay there next time. Went over to Ariel's after Discovery Shores and that place is cool too, where the young and hip go. Tried going to Cocomanga's but the appeal of the beautiful people over at Ariel's made me walk back.

Well what can I say but "bitin"....can't wait for the next few days when I'm off to Bohol to do some serious diving.

pare pute checking in on this thread. i'm in boracay now, staying at discovery shores...i guess calypso is a no-brainer since it is right next door. greatwolf, i think you dove with boracay scuba which is close to beachcomber. was about to head there until i rerad all the recommendations for calypso.

Is Amanda Griffin still there? She's hot...lol

I met Jun, the GM of Discovery Shores, very nice bloke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom