Boot Size and Pocket Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase the Techniflex but have a couple questions.

For the hard sole boot, should I be ordering the same size as the shoe I wear or should I be ordering one size smaller? The shop I'm purchasing from says same size as my normal shoe, but the USIA website seems to indicate one size smaller for men. I really don't want to have to buy new fins.

For the pockets, if I order the zippered pockets is the standard to have them permanently attached or MOLLE attached? Also, what are the dimensions of the pockets and do they have any internal/external compartments for wetnotes, cookies/arrows, etc?

Thanks,

Mike

don't buy the hard sole boots, socks with boots are much better on your ankles, there is no support in the hard sole boot.. Pockets are glued on. They are quite large. Order from Dive Right in Scuba, they'll make sure you're taken care of as they are probably the largest USIA dealer in the country.

Just ordered it from DRIS this morning. I got the hard sole boots though. Got the Platinum coverage too so everything will be taken care of for life.

I'd seriously call them and consider changing to the socks, it leaves a lot of options open for you in the long run, are much more comfortable, and also allows you to dive with neoprene socks instead of booties and use your overboots with a wetsuit so you only need one size of fins.....

Mike I think you wll have to go with the manufacturer's recommendstion so long as it is for a specific fin. I found that true with my tls350 and the rock boots. I called dui and said what boots i had and what fins i wanted. size varied greatly with brand of fin. I was surprised. I also learned that since the fins owuld fit for rock boots and not booties that i may as well just wear boots all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom