Boot dryer opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
being a new drysuit owner I have come to realize that I could use some accelerated drying for the boots, especially as I work on my technique to eliminate leaks. because the suit is so bulky, a tube-type dryer doesn't seem like it would work so well. Any opinions on this other style of product?

http://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Circulator-AC-Boot-Dryer/dp/B0000TSILY

It looks like it would be just the ticket but I didn't find any references to it on the forum.

I'll second the Peet's dry that wetdawg pointed out. Plus, you can get lengths of 2 inch (IIRC) schedule 40 pvc pipe as extensions from your local hardware store, cheaper and a bit less floppy than the 12 inch extensions sold with the dryer.

It works great, I use it when I rinse out the inside of my suit and it dries in about 8 hours or so, with no noise, and no undue heat applied to the suit.

Thanks guys!

This kind of dryer is being on sale in my local hardware store.

Boot and Sneaker Dryer and other Shoe Accessories at Dr. Leonard's Healthcare

45660_large.gif

Is this using a brushless or brush motor inside?

Thanks in advance,

If it is like my Peet dryer, there is no fan at all, just a pair of small electric heaters. Hot air rises and that's all the flow you need.

Edit: oops, read the description and there is a fan. Sorry.

My drysuit has sock-type booties so I just turn the whole thing inside out to dry the inside. I guess that may not be possible with attached boots, but if you could turn it inside out to the point where the boots start, then I assume you could towel dry them first and then point a regular fan set on max to blow air into them over night. I think that should do it.

My drysuit has sock-type booties so I just turn the whole thing inside out to dry the inside. I guess that may not be possible with attached boots, but if you could turn it inside out to the point where the boots start, then I assume you could towel dry them first and then point a regular fan set on max to blow air into them over night. I think that should do it.

:D

Call me I am lazy. I built DIY Dry Suit Hanger with PVC pipe for two dry suits, but I haven't been able to use it because the hanger is higher than my ceiling. LOL~~~
It works great at the patio though.

So, I am looking at UK hangair and just saw this glove/boot dryer at the local hardware shop yesterday. It is only $14, but I am not if it is run by the brush motor.
If it has a brushless motor, I thought that it will be a great choice for the travel.

Or, I can use it for my ski boots and gloves as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom