Bonne Terre Mine, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you happen to be in the area, visit the mine and take the walking tour. It was very enjoyable. The diving sucked.

Imagine 15 or so divers starting a dive, following a divemaster, and going from point to point.

First stop may be a ore cart. Big deal. All 15 divers get so close your like a goldfish swimming for the one piece of food fish at the top of the bowl.

Then, after all the fish have got somthing to eat, swim like all hell to the next point of intrest.

Which may be, say, a pick laying on the floor. Let all 15 fish fight for the one pice of fishfood again, and then swim like hell to the next artifact.

Wich may be a drill! YIPPEE!!!!!!

Fight the 15 goldfish yet again to see the drill.

Swim like HELL to get back to the piss poor dive platform to get out.

Bonne' Terre is a underground, underwater, sightseekers place.

Id skip it....

Dave

Hi..Bonne Terre has gone to hell....It is now so run down that it is like going to a trailer park to dive......The walking tour is way better than spending the overprice to regiment dive......Yes the water is clear and yes it is cool to dive a cavern......But...Facilities are Badly rundown and it ain't diver freindly.....costs too much and you can't go anywhere else than behind the guide......no lights and no cameras.......I am and was SO disappointed that this wonderful place can't have better mngment......It needs an infusion of money now and I am afraid the owners only want to milk it to its death now......

My instructor just called and is looking for a diver to go to Bonne Terre mines for this weekend. One of the divers who was suppose to go broke his leg and he is looking for a replacement for him otherwise this guy will be out of the money.

I can get you in contact with my instructor if you are interested....please email jepuskar76@aol.com if interested.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason:
This had to be moved to North America. Didn't belong in Non Diving. Good luck.

That's a cold dive! Year round water temp57F. I thought it was worth doing once, but that's enough. Each time you go they take you on different mine routes. I thought the entrance was really interesting, but the price per dive was quite prohibitive, three dives was enough for me. I hate the restricting feeling that you get when you wear a hood. Your not allowed to take your own light on the dives, only the DM can.
(':eek:')

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Say what? 57 degrees a cold water dive? Heck thats bathtub water. :D Bring it on! Cold water is a solid not a liquid. On the local wrecks here the bottom temp is in the thirties in june. Use a 7mm wet suit and you'll be fine.

Jim

What Caymaniac said is spot on, though the cold may be debatable, the rest isn't.

Does anyone have any information on the fatality at the mine/dive site in Missouri. It happened Friday 12/12/2003 or Saturday 12/13/2003.

Thanks,
Philip

Do you have a link or anything?

There are three mines in Missouri that I know that are dived Mine Lamotte(the offsets), Bone Terre and Oronago. Do you know which one?

Obviously I don't know anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom