Bonne Terre Mine, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring:
I hope I am wrong, but it looks like they are taking recreational divers with no overhead training into a cave system

Yep, you are wrong. You can surface at any time, because (other than some small swimthroughs) there is air (a lot) betwen the top of the water and the ceiling.

O-ring:
with NO LIGHTS and 2 safety divers.

I don't really like the no lights policy myself. You don't really need a light though, the place is already lit for you.
What I don't like is suppose they loose power. However, I'm pretty sure they allow small back-up lights.

OWIC647:
It's been a few years but I have dove there many times. The times that I was there they had the place lit up like daylight underwater. Also they had more safety people around than you could shake a stick at. IMHO they were running a great operation. Here is the direct link to their site. Perhaps it will clear a few things up for those that have questions.

http://www.2dive.com/

That makes a bit more sense.

I'd love to go where they say is "off limits" though.... :D No doubles allowed according to their info.... I guess that means no deco either eh? :D

Genesis:

I'd love to go where they say is "off limits" though.... :D No doubles allowed according to their info.... I guess that means no deco either eh? :D
Now I get it. They have taken an otherwise sweet mine system and turned it into the mother of all bunny dives. No thanks..

Genesis:

They don't need the business so there is no reason for them to take on the liability. They are booked solid every weekend in the winter.

Even Cousteau had to start on the beginner trail....

Bummer,

Once again, liability and over-commercialization of a cool recreational resource quashes the explorer spirit. I want natural selection back...

Don

O-ring:
Now I get it. They have taken an otherwise sweet mine system and turned it into the mother of all bunny dives. No thanks..

Probably require poodle jackets too.....

O-ring:

Ahhhh...but just down the road about a half hour there's another mine. It is an overhead dive, there's miles of tunnels, no guids and no rules other than what you were taught in your cave training and you better follow them in this place.

......I'd love to dive at their mine......plenty of rules and regulations to follow...no need to worry about safety and bringing larger capacity or H-valve equipped personal tanks......nice short dives as you burn through air really fast in undersized AL80's freezing to death in 58 degree water......and the per dive prices are 'only' 50 --100% more expensive than a top of the line Cozumel dive operator (ie Liquid Blue) that provides as standard HP steel 120's for 60--90 min dives on a stunning 85 degree 'warn' water coral reef system (the 2nd largest reef system in the world)...what a bargain!

Karl

MikeFerrara:
Ahhhh...but just down the road about a half hour there's another mine. It is an overhead dive, there's miles of tunnels, no guids and no rules other than what you were taught in your cave training and you better follow them in this place.

Hmmm..... that one might be a better choice :wink:

Prolly too deep for me at this point though..... but 'ya never know! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom