bonded sealing washer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ifukuda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a source where I can purchase a few tapered bonded sealing washers made of marine grade stainless steel, aluminum, or brass.

The local hardware store only carries sealing washer made of steel zinc, which rust pretty easily. It would be of great help if someone can advise what type of retailer would carry a good selection of sealing washers, or give me the URL to an online retailer that won't ask me to place a minimum order of 100.

ifukuda:
I'm looking for a source where I can purchase a few tapered bonded sealing washers made of marine grade stainless steel, aluminum, or brass.

The local hardware store only carries sealing washer made of steel zinc, which rust pretty easily. It would be of great help if someone can advise what type of retailer would carry a good selection of sealing washers, or give me the URL to an online retailer that won't ask me to place a minimum order of 100.

Have you tried McMaster Carr?

I haven't looked, but that the first book I'd pick up.

Tobin

Thanks for the tip. I've found bonded sealing washers in the McMaster Carr catalog.
Although I don't need 50 washers, it's cheaper and less stressful to purchase the minimum order (50 washers) than it would be to drive all over town looking for a retailer.

Are sealing washers generally tapered (convex in shape)? I couldn't tell if the washer was flat or tapered based on the sketch in the catalog.

Thanks for the link! This was exactly what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom