Bonaire with new teen diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not think cocoview will accept kids as guest.

Kids 10+ with adult supervision. Roatan Travel Tips & FAQ | CoCo View Resort I'm sure some teens would be bored. For others into diving (and new divers) it's virtually unlimited benign diving with excellent instructors and easy access boats. I've seen plenty of kids there but I haven't been in a few years. Only you know YOUR kids. :) My preference would be Curacao but the OP was looking for options.

We're taking our kids to Bonaire for 12 days in a few weeks. We're staying at Divi Flamingo, which does have easy access to their reef, which I hear is pretty good. My oldest daughter is 13 and will be doing her checkout dives there with an instructor at Divi Dive the 2nd and 3rd days we are there. We got an apartment at Divi Flamingo, not sure what to expect but it sounds like a pretty good deal. We got an unlimited shore dive package with them which includes a free rental car. We're diving with Sea Donkey, which is owned by a friend of one of my wife's friends. They're providing a guide for my 9 yr old daughter to take her snorkeling while we're in the water for $10 an hour. This keeps us off the more crowded dive boats. I don't plan very many shore dives just because I didn't want to complicate her first dives even more. Two days before we leave we're doing a night dive with the oldest. The wife and I are doing an Ostracod dive without her. We're very excited to start diving with her and a little nervous as well.

Jason

Thanks to all for the input. We have decided to go with Bonaire for this trip! Mainly due to flight costs and times. Roatan flights were crazy expensive and I couldn’t figure out how to get to Curaçao without staying overnight in Miami. Those were my runner up choices.

I think that is a great choice, I've only been there once and am looking forward to returning with my kids. I was very impressed with the ease of set up at Den Laman, those tanks on the dock with access at all hours made diving so easy. They have a great area for training and checkout dives, you wouldn't necessarily have to get that done before arriving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom