Question Bonaire Waterproof Dive Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Cheers ! Looking for waterproof dive cards for the following Bonaire Dive Sites. Please let me know if you can share, where to buy, print from website, or trade. I already checked Franco, Amazon, and Bonaire Tourism site. Thank you.
- Tolo
- Jeff Davis
- Andrea I & II
- La Machaca
- Reef Scientifico
- Bari's Reef
- Something Special
- The Lake
- Alice in Wonderland
- White Slave

You could take a picture, and double laminate, but why? The navigation is really simple, out with reef on left or right, back opposite. The lake, and the other double reef dives are slightly different but still no need for a map.

I thought maybe Reef Smart cards but they don't have any of the sites you want except Reef Scientifico/Buddy's Reef. I'm not sure about the Reef Smart Guide, they say there are 27 3D models in it.

Step 1 buy Reef Smart Bonaire kindle e-book

Step 2 Screen capture the page(s) with the info you want (windows snip and sketch or mac's built in screen grab tool)

Optional Step 2.5 - Paste images into powerpoint, and adjust/scale as necessary

Step 3 Print

Step 4 Laminate page

Step 5 Dive/Profit?

Step 1 buy Reef Smart Bonaire kindle e-book

Step 2 Screen capture the page(s) with the info you want (windows snip and sketch or mac's built in screen grab tool)

Optional Step 2.5 - Paste images into powerpoint, and adjust/scale as necessary

Step 3 Print

Step 4 Laminate page

Step 5 Dive/Profit?
that is an option if I would like to go thru all that trouble

that is an option if I would like to go thru all that trouble
Of the 13 cards they have, only one is among the list you want. I don't know about the other 14 maps, not available on the online content of the guide that is viewable. Maybe someone has the guide?

Totally agree with scubadada's post on ease of navigation. I can't zoom in enough to confirm but all the sites on your list are popular and should be on this card.

Edit: I thought you were looking for a waterproof map of all the sites rather than individual site cards.

Of the 13 cards they have, only one is among the list you want. I don't know about the other 14 maps, not available on the online content of the guide that is viewable. Maybe someone has it?
I wonder if they are sold only on the island ?

Totally agree with scubadada's post on ease of navigation. I can't zoom in enough to confirm but all the sites on your list are popular and should be on this card.

Yes they are listed on the card you provide, and is general information. I am looking for a map with contour and depth information like this one

1678125093909.png

Of the 13 cards they have, only one is among the list you want. I don't know about the other 14 maps, not available on the online content of the guide that is viewable. Maybe someone has the guide?

The book has full dive site maps for Tolo, LaMachaca, Reef Scientifico, Bari, Something Special, The Lake, Alice in Wonderland,

And partial maps for Andrea II, Andrea I, and White Slave. These mostly just have photos of the entry with some directional cues, not the full bathymetry and highlight view like the full ones above.

When we went to Bonaire we did exactly what I advised OP to do. We had pre-printed and laminated all the maps, we reduced the size to more like tarot card or slight larger size, but then could just take them with us for the dive day. Worked great, minor amount of work since some of the maps are split over 2 pages in the digital version of the book. Clipped the map into my wetnotes, stuck them in a pocket, and off we went. Apparently, that's not what OP wants though, so outside of commissioning custom work from Smart Reef I don't know.

Reef smart is the only one of the 3 major books with anything approaching the detail it sounds like OP wants. Dive guide Bonaire has a very very simplified bathymetry map, and shore diving made easy doesn't have anything. To my knowledge they are the only ones on or off island that make site specific cards as well. We certainly didn't see any on island that weren't listed on the website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom