Bonaire vs Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well folks, I tried to book a trip to Bonaire but I just can't do it. Cozumel draws me in like a moth to flame.

There's nothing wrong with that. I love both places, but I think my husband prefers Bonaire because it's much easier for him to hone his underwater photography skills when he doesn't have to fight a current.

Well folks, I tried to book a trip to Bonaire but I just can't do it. Cozumel draws me in like a moth to flame.

Hi Donna...when are you going to Cozumel?? I went over the holidays and had a great time....

both destinations are different....Bonaire has awesome shore diving and little or no drift diving....while Cozumel as you know is almost all drift diving and boat diving....

I have been to both places many times and enjoy both for the reasons above:D

You need to plan a trip with me to Roatan .....I think you would like it there..

Ann

Herman, if you're still following this post, you CD's form this summer's Bonaire trip must have gotten here yesterday. Found them on my desk this morning too late to look at them, but I started the show on Colleen's laptop and she was watching and dreaming when I left for work.

Thanks, your pics are always a treat. Really great timing too, as we are off to Bonaire again in 3 days. Sort of an appetizer!!!!

Ahhh, perfect. Not only did we all do the right thing and tell the truth, but we managed to keep the island uncrowded at the same time!:eyebrow:

Enjoy Coz. BTW I like your sig...

Personally, for me the biggest selling feature for BONAIRE is that the diving is on YOUR TERMS. If you want to stay and have a 1/2 hour nap....you can. You are not held to anybody's schedule except your own. There is no boat schedule, no DM saying gotta be up in 1 hour, nobody forcing you to go to another site that did not impress you......YOUR TERMS. I personally believe that Bonaire is way better diving (with less bigger wildlife) but this is just my impression. Bonaire is hands down a terrific shore diving destination where you can do whatever you want whenever you want (within reason).

Yep, still watching. One of the slide shows is pretty big and runs a lot better if loaded onto the PC. Enjoy

Hi Donna...when are you going to Cozumel?? I went over the holidays and had a great time....

both destinations are different....Bonaire has awesome shore diving and little or no drift diving....while Cozumel as you know is almost all drift diving and boat diving....

I have been to both places many times and enjoy both for the reasons above:D

You need to plan a trip with me to Roatan .....I think you would like it there..

Ann

Ann,

Hey girl! I have been to Roatan three times and you are right...it's awesome. Let me know when you plan to go next. I'll see if my schedule will accomodate a trip.

We are scheduled for another Coz trip in June. You have to love the cheap flights and hotels.

Well my flight to Coz was not cheap...in fact it is the most I have ever paid....I guess I really really wanted to go....and I am glad I did....I met a friend of mine there and we had a blast.... but I have noticed the prices have dropped some...now if they would only drop to Roatan....I will be going there at the end of June this year..

btw I was talking about airfare prices :)

Been to Coz twice and just came back from Bonaire in Dec. We loved Bonaire so much, we'll be going back late this year. As some have mentioned, there's nothing like diving freedom, go where you want, when you want and however many times you want. There's a great feeling when you drive up into an empty site with no other trucks around, knowing you have the entire reef to yourself. You can't wait to gear up and explore, not knowing what awaits you. Coz is great, but most of the work is done for you and you'll be in the water with 10-20 others drifting behind a DM, whose main job is to look for interesting critters for the group. In Bonaire, it's diy and a sense of adventure that comes with fending for yourself.

Foodwise, I didn't find the restaurants that different between Coz and Bonaire. Both have great, great places to eat. The one difference is, most Bonaire resorts/apartments include a kitchen so that you can buy food locally (Cultimara) and cook in. I don't think that amenity is available in the majority of Coz resorts, though they have a great place to shop for food in Chedraui.

The only bad thing for us about Bonaire is the cost of flights from Vancouver, Canada. It's cheaper for us to fly to Aruba and take a puddle jumper from there. A long trek for sure but once there....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom