Trip Report BONAIRE TRIP REPORT & PIX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
WHL_2593(alt2).jpg

We really enjoy going to Bonaire and this year was no exception, even though there were a few wrinkles during the trip. Despite that, it seems like a good time was had by all. Here's what happened and what we saw:

Enjoy!!!

- Ken

For some reason the Trip Report link isn't working for me... The slideshow works!

Thank you for posting about your trip.
Both links worked for me.
I enjoyed the report and pictures.

thank you for your report

Nice report, Ken. Thank you. An odd coda: The massive explosion of sharpnose puffers, which we also saw in late February, has one sideways, with myriad dead puffers found on shore and numerous green turtles dead or afflicted with neurotoxins, perhaps from eating the puffers. These are challenging times for lovers of the Divers Paradise, yet you found the best of it.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the trip report and photos.

Funny about frogfish. On our trip last August, we saw more frogfish than on any other visit. We saw eight frogfish, 5 of them on our house reef, Bari, and the other 3 off Klein.

I'm hoping to return to Bonaire soon. Many of us are concerned about the spread of SCTLD and the most recent observation of the dead sharpnose puffers and the effect on turtles.

Back
Top Bottom