Bonaire Trip Report (June 2016) - Divi Flamingo Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thnx for sharing

Thanks for sharing. Agree with most of your review.
IMO, the house reef at Habitat/Buddy Dive is better.
Boat diving experience much the same.

this review goes along with what i have been told about this resort by others. i think i have heard enough to avoid it if i ever get to visit bonaire.

I really think the vast majority of "resorts" on the island are the same with the crowded boat situation. Divi has plenty of positives (nice dock setup, close to town, and nice reef). They have done a lot of work on the hotel side of the resort. The one area I would like to see improve vastly is the food.

I really think the vast majority of "resorts" on the island are the same with the crowded boat situation. Divi has plenty of positives (nice dock setup, close to town, and nice reef). They have done a lot of work on the hotel side of the resort. The one area I would like to see improve vastly is the food.
I do not think that Divi will ever improve their food. It makes no business sense to try. It is fully adequate. I claim the target market of their restaurants is people who really do not care much about food and just want convenience. They have successfully been meeting that target market for over 20 years.

There are a large number of timeshare units that have a full kitchen, so these people will cook to save money and not frequent the restaurant regardless of quality. The Divi is located so close to town that it must compete with every other restaurant in downtown krinkydink.

What was the weather (air temp), water temp, and what we're the diving conditions (I do not like choppy water) like in Bonaire during your trip in May?

What was the weather (air temp), water temp, and what we're the diving conditions (I do not like choppy water) like in Bonaire during your trip in May?

I was there the first week of May and the weather, water temp and lack of currents and choppy water were ideal. outstanding conditions throughout-- May 4-11

OK, so water temp good enough to only need a rash guard and bikini bottoms?
And good weather as in 80-90 degree temps?

Water temp is generally about 82 or 83 degrees. It depends on your temp tolerance. I've seen everything from dry suits to t-shirt/swim trunks. Typically, I think most are good with t-shirt/swim trunks.

Back
Top Bottom