Bonaire Trip report April 1-8 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting all the beautiful pics H20...your underwater shot of the Oil Slick cliffs is now my new wallpaper! :bandit2:

My favorite picture of the fauna was by far the Eagle Ray hunting...Did you happen to see his behavior and what exactly it was that he was eating in such shallow water? I was under the impression that Eagle Rays were more commonly seen filter feeding (like mantas)

Personally I have seen Sting Rays blow air into the sand and huff all sorts of sand and debris in the air hunting for small crabs and crustaceans.

8 days and counting until my return to Bonaire!

I try not to interrupt any animals or creatures that are hunting or trying to eat :wink: We caught it as it was rummaging in the rubble, but I didn't see what it was hunting and then it swam away (faster than me).

Can you recommend a hotel to stay at while in Bonaire? Planning on taking family on a dive vacation. Any pointers other than those in article, which by the way was very informative. Thank you

Welcome to the board DEPI.

The first thing I would suggest, is try a search on this board using "Bonaire". You will find many many post on resorts, restaurants and diving. There are many hours of reading on the subject. I would also suggest www.boniaretalk.com for more info.
Some idea of what kind/price of accomidations you are looking for is a big help. General questions are hard to answer well, there is a lot to choose from on Bonaire. We all have our favorites and depending on the needs our (mine at least) suggestions will vary depending on your needs/wants. There are a lot of people on this board who know Bonaire well, including several who live on the island so no doubt we can help, we just need a better idea of what you need.

Yeh, which did you like best, Bonaire or Roatan, and why? I've been to Bonaire, but not Roatan. Can't decide which place to go next time. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom