Bonaire Trip Report and Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a molt! Look close and even if it wasn't not take is just that! We didn't!
Notice the :D. I had to do a double-take on that pic when I first looked at it.

Thanks for posting the pics of dive sites inside Washington Slagbaai Park.

I am bad it was #3 Playa Funchi in the picture underwater and the one with the truck!
820__MG_0342_Sponges_and_Kathe_BA_12-09.jpg

Cool trails and flamingos for your surface intervals is a cool way to spend the time!
820__MG_3310_Pink_Flamingos_at_Park_BA_12-09.jpg

This was typical of the wall to the north on #3 and the viz was the best on the island!
820__MG_0303_Cleve_Nan_with_Tube_Sponges_BA_12-09.jpg

I have done a few of the park dives, #2, #4 & #5! 2 was out standing, one of the best! Wasn't too hard an entry but long kick! Notice the Coral Pile!

Bise Morto was my favorite park dive...

antilles-neerlandaises-1357355951-1286908.jpg

Surprisingly an empty tank hauled up a 30' rock wall is a lot heavier than a full tank carried down the same 30' rock wall just one hour earlier. Go figure!

:shocked2:

Did you climb down the coral piles at the end of the cove? It wasn't too bad, just lose on the climb up!

820__MG_0304_Kathe_on_the_reef_BA_12-09.jpg

This was one of the most pristine reefs on the island! We loaded up in the morning with three tanks each and got an early start so we wouldn't have to rush! We were done and out of the park by 3:00pm with no rush!

Did you climb down the coral piles at the end of the cove? It wasn't too bad, just lose on the climb up!

Sort of just to the left of where that picture was taken (though not my pic)

We loaded up in the morning with three tanks each and got an early start so we wouldn't have to rush! We were done and out of the park by 3:00pm with no rush!

Yup, early breakfast, three tanks each, packed lunches, and at the gate by 8am is the way to do it. Two tanks just not worth it for the total travel time involved up there, through the park, and back.

However you do it, the only other diver you're likely to see up there is your buddy.

Now, let's opstay alkingtay about the arkpay. (Keep it to ourselves, ya know...)

:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom