Bonaire trip report 28 Mar-4 Apr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So that is why you sent your kids with me......

Just kidding Jim, besides I like diving with them. :) And I agree with you.

Dang, you caught me, Herman!:shakehead:

Much as my two are just about the best dive buddies one could ask for, and I would dive with Melissa and Morgan anywhere, there are times when the solitude of diving just for myself does wonders somewhere deep inside!

Partly I have you to thank for making me realize that I need those moments, and that they are OK! Really wish I could have gotten every one to Bonaire at the same time this year.:depressed: But, at least we all are going to Bonaire!!!:)

The one creature that I never saw at all this year was Green Morey Eels, but that seems to be another issue..

You know I had read about this on several sites before I went to Bonaire this past February. So naturally I never really expected to see one. Then on the very first dive, low and behold, I saw the biggest moray I have ever seen! And when I say biggest I mean it. I called my buddy over and he was in awe of this creature. Absolutely huge! So I have my video rig and start filming. But the guy was back under a ledge and in a hole sort of and it was very dark. Stupid me never even thought about having my bud shine my 500 lumen LED flashlight on him while I filmed. The film didn't turn out at all. You can kinda see him but it's not much to it.

Saw one more during that week and while he was a nice one, it didn't compare to Big Daddy from the first dive.

They get REALLY big when you see them from this angle.

We were doing the shark dive in Freeport Bahama in early April when I felt something moving around my legs.....Not too sure I considered this lucky...then again I did not lose anything. ....

normal_P4040740-small.jpg

You ever ask a doc if it should be that color?:rofl3:

Got your attention quick, I'll bet! :D

:rofl3::rofl3:

Dave:

Great report. Solo diving is probably the best and safest on Bonaire. As a photographer it is hard to get a buddy to poke around at my pace. So doing it solo is my only option.

Helluva moray encounter !! Wow.

We were there also in Feb. Not one Green Morey. Lucky you, I guess.

I think I had read a thread on here where some sort of bacteria or something had killed a lot of the eels but after the hurricane, things seemed to be restored back to normal and the eels are beginning to thrive again. Certainly hope so.

Dave:

Great report. Solo diving is probably the best and safest on Bonaire. As a photographer it is hard to get a buddy to poke around at my pace. So doing it solo is my only option.

Helluva moray encounter !! Wow.

Agreed. If you do buddy with another photographer it's like you are diving in different oceans at times!

Back
Top Bottom