Bonaire slowly reopening....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No where have I seen household members as part of the plan.

The question that I am anxiously awaiting is where the professional sport teams fall in the groupings since it seems they had priority to testing. :rolleyes:
Capitalism at work. The tests were administered by a for profit private company.

The professional sports organizations obviously offered to pay more than other clients (the government) to get priority on availability and turn around time for tests.

You may see the exact same behavior with the vaccines? Rich people will quietly jump the line by purchasing (likely very expensive) private vaccinations. A quick private jet flight to Switzerland for a short appointment at a private clinic. Bobs your uncle!

Myself and my girlfriend are both 1a. Her kids haven't even been classified yet. No real reason exists to bump them up. We're supposed to get our first doses Monday.

We're supposed to get our first doses Monday.
That would be a surprise, since it has not yet been approved. But if Approval comes this week, then you are good to go!

That would be a surprise, since it has not yet been approved. But if Approval comes this week, then you are good to go!
I'll take Jose Romero's word for it. He might know what he's talking about. And he has direct oversight over my agency, among other duties.

Shipments to North Carolina are expected to start Monday. Uncertain when the first vaccination will occur but not surprisingly the first shipments are going out to some of the largest hospitals including UNC, Duke and Wake Forest Baptist. Don’t know how it will be decided from there but I am sure our small privately owned 2 urgent cares will be low priority. Just as we have been for PPE.

(But from the post vaccine stories I have heard, I think I am fine waiting ‘til after Christmas)

I'll take Jose Romero's word for it. He might know what he's talking about. And he has direct oversight over my agency, among other duties.
I look forward to your follow up post Tuesday.

I quess you guys know that the UK has beaten us to it.

Don’t know how it will be decided from there but I am sure our small privately owned 2 urgent cares will be low priority. Just as we have been for PPE.

(But from the post vaccine stories I have heard, I think I am fine waiting ‘til after Christmas)

I work at a >1200 bed hospital and the PPE has been total crap for us too. Our hospital is giving priority to ER, ICU and Covid unit staff. Then it will be given to the elderly, assisted care and dependent care residents. The rest of us probably won't get the vaccine until Feb. I think the triage of vaccine issue is fair. I am hoping that by the time I get vaccinated, we will be able to receive the one dose vaccine:)

I have my first LIveaboard trip in May to Socorro. Hoping both Eric and I will have the vaccine by then.

@morecowbells please be well and stay safe.

I look forward to your follow up post Tuesday.

I quess you guys know that the UK has beaten us to it.
Our government can screw up a wet dream. So Monday may mean January. That's why I said "supposed to".

Back
Top Bottom