Bonaire slowly reopening....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He says the ban on direct flights from the United States will be extended 2 weeks, but people from the U.S. can come by way of Curacao and must have a PCR test done within 72 hours before departure, which must come back negative. Tough logistics for trip planning from the U.S.

1.) Planning a trip to an expensive airfare destination on very short notice, unless one cares to gamble things won't change for the worse before a trip.

2.) We're talking a PCR test, not a rapid antigen test. What are the odds of getting that test done and the result back so fast? If it's positive, are the airlines letting people cancel penalty-free? What if one person in a 2 to 4 person group tests positive and the others are negative? Who all can cancel (or reschedule?) penalty-free?

3.) What is the point of making U.S. travelers go through Curacao to get to Bonaire?

4.) He makes it clear they're taking things step-by-step, and loosening or tightening restrictions depends on how things unfold. Justified, of course...but more uncertainty in planning.

Thanks for posting; I wondered where things stood now.

How is a PCR Test conducted? Where I'm at I can get a saliva test for work/travel.

PCR is Polymerase Chain Reaction test. It is also called a molecular test where fluid from a nasal or throat swab is collected.

Antigen test is a rapid test is rapid test and is cheep.

PCR is the gold standard and is expensive.

rapidtesttravel.com.....I put my state and type of test in (PCR) it gave me locations in my state where I can get a PCR Test with results reported within 48 hours....

Starting 10-26 US citizens can enter BON from CUR with the requirement of a neg test 72 before and filing out a form. Bonaire Begins a Staged Re-Opening | InfoBonaire

Opening up to direct flights from US to BON may be on the horizon.

United starting for the first time that I can recall flights CUR, nonstop from EWR and Jetblue resuming nonstops to CUR from JFK in Dec.

If you really need a BON fix before the end of the year, there is a way to do it.

If I’m not mistaken, only people from New York and Connecticut can travel to Curacao currently....

Back
Top Bottom