Bonaire saftey/crime question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm headed back to Bonaire for the 4th time in a few weeks. My family and I have had no problems with any theft or crime since we've been going down. We've heard a few rumors about the problems and just decided to use a little common sense while we were there. But we did nothing more than what we do here in Phoenix AZ. Where my truck has been stolen; both my kids stereos have been ripped off out of their cars, some one ripped off items out of my garage (my fault, I left the door open). And I live in a nice neighborhood.

I guess it can happen anywhere. Just pay a little attention to your items and what you take and leave in the room and you’ll do just fine. Bonaire is too nice of a dive paradise to not go to.

Craig

I live on Bonaire and while there is crime, it's no worse than anywhere else. Leaving dive equ. in a car is asking for trouble. But when I lived in the states it was the same.
JM2S

That is just absolutely not true. In 23 years of owning a car I have had only one break-in other than the 12 days I spent in Bonaire. I leave dive gear in my car all the time, same with kayaking gear. For 5 years I left a kayak on top of my car held in place only by nylon straps. It was never messed with. Car break-ins in Bonaire are far more common than in the states. Just as long as the crime stays at petty theft I'll go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom