Bonaire Restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pasa Bon Pizza was quite good. We also enjoyed the lion's den which is the restaurant at Buddy's.

I had the best bacon & smoked gouda cheeseburger in the entire world at Lion's Den and went back 3 more times that week, but it was never as good. I'll have to try again next time.

Donna/Giorgio's was an absolutely incredible evening, eating under the stars, with a really great acoustic guitar player right in front of our table.

I wasn't all that impressed with "It Rains Fishes" There was nothing wrong with it, except that I would rather have had a more limited menu done really well than a wide ranging menu done "OK."

Patagonia (steak place) was excellent, and served one of the best steaks I've had anywhere.

Terry

We're going to Bonaire shortly. I have done a little browsing here on ScubaBoard at BonaireTalk and have compiled a list of restaurants on Bonaire. I'd appreciate any additions to or subtractions from the list and any comments, pro or con, about any of the places. I'm not certain that they are all even restaurants. Clarification appreciated.
Thanks.

Pasa Bon Pizza
Warung Louise
Cactus Blue Restaurant
Imperial Japanese Bar & Restaurant
Papaya Moon Cantina
Rum Runners at Captain Don’s Habitat
Richard’s
City Café
Casa Blanca or Casablanca?
Patagonia’s
Gibby’s Buffet
Chibi Chibi
It Rains Fishes
Salsa
Wataburger
Mambo Jambo
Papagayos
Bobbi Jan's
El Fagon
"Carnecaria"
Mi Banana

Mambo Jambo is not in business any longer. The Carneceria is a meat market that does rotisserie chicken and ribs on Saturday mornings for take-away. One chicken is about 12 guilders and can feed 2 people for several meals.

Pasa Bon Pizza has yummy fish pizza and also delicious homemade sausage. Open Wed to Sun from 5 to 11pm. Good to eat in or take away. Call ahead for take away or a reservation as they get very busy.

Lion's Den has great burgers and is right on the water. Patagonia has great fish and steaks and also a nice fish sandwich at lunch.

Wil's Tropical Grill is fabulous. Wil is a brilliant chef, the presentation is lovely and their garden setting beautiful.

During busy times (ie: winter!) is is always a good idea to call and get a reservation at any restaurant.

You can pick up the new dinign guide when you arrive at the airport.

Get in the Jeep and drive.

Out into the sticks. Watch for smoke rising. Pull in.

Order beers and tell them to "bring food". Sit back and wait.

Be amazed.

Avoid neon signs, avoid places that take Visa, avoid city lights.

Bonaire is a treasure below water and at the table.

Find a place that serves "Rice Table" (Risjtaffel)...Or go to Wattaburger.

Gibi's Buffet is Monday nights with free rum punch starting at 6pm. He requires reservations. You can call GRI at 866-790-7333 from the states or Gibi Direct at 011 599 567-0655

Liz

Pasa Bon Pizza
Warung Louise
Cactus Blue Restaurant
Imperial Japanese Bar & Restaurant
Papaya Moon Cantina
Rum Runners at Captain Don’s Habitat
Richard’s
City Café
Casa Blanca or Casablanca?
Patagonia’s
Gibby’s Buffet
Chibi Chibi
It Rains Fishes
Salsa
Wataburger
Mambo Jambo
Papagayos
Bobbi Jan's
El Fagon
"Carnecaria"
Mi Banana
Three of my favorites didn't make your list:

Garden Cafe - A great place to eat lunch. The Vegetarian Plate is delicious: Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Tabouli. The fresh fruit juices are great!

Wil's Tropical Grill - Several amazing fish dishes and awesome desert.

Lions Den - A great variety of food and all delicious.

Pasa Bon and Papaya Moon are my two favorites that did make your list.

I also enjoy Cactus Blue, RumRunners and City Cafe.

Casablanca is IMHO the most over-rated on your list.

There was also a little outside restaurant at Eden Beach. I forget the name but it was very good...served drinks...nice atmosphere especially for lunch.

I like RoatanMans suggestion. Thats how Anthony Bourdain would do it! I just might be inspired to a dining night Anthony Bourdain style....or RoatanMan Style. :D

I'm just scared I'm going to get a plate of goat testicals with a white sauce.:confused: Uhm...could you bring me ANOTHER beer?!:D

I agree with xiSkiGuy.....Casablanca is overated. I'd skip this one....just my opinion....well.....his too.:wink:

I didnt see Mona Lisa on the list. We ended up here by default one night. Its now one of our fav's and we hit it every year.

For Italian, you have to go to Cappriccio's. Its practically next door to WattaBurger. Great food....very friendly owners....who are from Italy. Great dining experience. Can be very expensive though. We always plan on one night here....It's a real treat!

Already on your list was Cactus Blue. Our all-time fav. and regular now. We eat here a few times during the week. We just plain love the place. It has all the ingredients. Good drinks, Good food, good service, good atmosphere, reasonable prices, friendly owners.

Of course...... Pasa Bon Pizza!

Yeah...we'll be there in 6 weeks!:lotsalove:

Another vote for Will's Tropical Grill - I thought it was excellent. Normally I like to try as many different places as possible but we went twice it was that good.

We liked Rose Inn in Rincon (for casual lunch) and Capriccio (good Italian, good wine) as well.

We thought Richard's was pretty good - view is very good.

Everywhere else I forgot already, which is probably saying something.

Wil's Tropical Grill is definitely a "special occasion" restaurant. Superb.

Let me tell you what we like about Casablanca. First of all, have been there twice, when every other restaurant in town was packed, and never had to wait. Same thing for the service--fast. (After a hard day of diving, this can be a good thing) The food is pretty basic, but it is good and there is plenty of it. Enough to take home and have for lunch the next day. (Also a good thing--more time for diving, less for shopping!)

But you go there to get MEAT. Don't bother with the calamari, etc.

We thought Louise's was over-rated, same for Papaya Moon. But that may be because that the wait for food was so long, we were nearly asleep by the time the entrees came.

Back
Top Bottom