Bonaire Restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmorin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're going to Bonaire shortly. I have done a little browsing here on ScubaBoard at BonaireTalk and have compiled a list of restaurants on Bonaire. I'd appreciate any additions to or subtractions from the list and any comments, pro or con, about any of the places. I'm not certain that they are all even restaurants. Clarification appreciated.
Thanks.

Pasa Bon Pizza
Warung Louise
Cactus Blue Restaurant
Imperial Japanese Bar & Restaurant
Papaya Moon Cantina
Rum Runners at Captain Don’s Habitat
Richard’s
City Café
Casa Blanca or Casablanca?
Patagonia’s
Gibby’s Buffet
Chibi Chibi
It Rains Fishes
Salsa
Wataburger
Mambo Jambo
Papagayos
Bobbi Jan's
El Fagon
"Carnecaria"
Mi Banana

We're going to Bonaire shortly. I have done a little browsing here on ScubaBoard at BonaireTalk and have compiled a list of restaurants on Bonaire. I'd appreciate any additions to or subtractions from the list and any comments, pro or con, about any of the places. I'm not certain that they are all even restaurants. Clarification appreciated.
Thanks.

Rum Runners at Captain Don’s Habitat - Great view, I didn't think much of the food.
City Café - Diver's hangout downtown. Average food IMO. The place to people watch.
Casablanca - Great food and lots of it for the price. There's often a wait if that tells you anything...
It Rains Fishes - Great food, great view, pricey$$
Bobbi Jan's - Takeout only. Smelled excellent - never tried it.

Also try Donna/Giorgio's as a Pizza/Pasta alternative.
I also liked Zee Zicht downtown.

You may've read this already but almost no one will bring your check until asked for it. Sometimes repeatedly. They consider it rude to ask their guests to leave until they're completely done for the evening.

City Cafe- ate lunch there a couple times and dinner once. Descent food and like sjspeck said a good place to watch people
Casablanca- great place if your a meat lover, lots of food, very good food. The only place we had to wait for a table.
Chibi Chibi- We stayed at the Divi, so we ate lunch there a few times. Good food and we (wife & I) usually ate for about $20.00 U.S. for the two of us.
Richard's- ate dinner there twice, great food. the wife and her friend said the chocolate molten cake was better than sex.

Pasa Bon Pizza was quite good. We also enjoyed the lion's den which is the restaurant at Buddy's. Chibi Chibi is the restaurant at the Divi Flamingo. The food was fair but the atmosphere and view were very nice. We also ate at the Bistro de Paris which was very good and the prices weren't bad. Definitely enjoyed City Cafe. Liked Casablanca but didn't think it was as good as most people say. Gibi's buffet isn't a restaurant. It's a buffet they sometimes put on at the Golden Reef Inn. Never tried it and don't know the details.

Cactus Blue has *great* drinks and good food. Wednesday nite they have live music by "Moogie" which is fun. They open at 5 with 2 for 1 beer.

Thanks.

Pasa Bon Pizza
Warung Louise
Cactus Blue Restaurant
Imperial Japanese Bar & Restaurant
Papaya Moon Cantina
Rum Runners at Captain Don’s Habitat
Richard’s
City Café
Casa Blanca or Casablanca?
Patagonia’s
Gibby’s Buffet
Chibi Chibi
It Rains Fishes
Salsa
Wataburger
Mambo Jambo
Papagayos
Bobbi Jan's
El Fagon
"Carnecaria"
Mi Banana

I agree with sjspeck. Definitely add Casablanca to your list. It was the best place we ate at while in Bonaire. I liked it better than Patagonia's.

Bobbie Jans is only open on the weekends and you need to get there early...and worth the trouble. Last time I was there they had limited seating but is mostly a takeout, again, go early.
If you would like to try real Bonairian food and spend the evening learning about the real Bonaire, go see Gibi at GRI. Always a highlight of my trips to see my old friend Gibi. Call Liz once your on island for the details.

Not "El Fagon", but El Fogon Latino. It's not downtown but about 5 minutes from the center, but still worth the trip! Great food, half the price of the in-town places.

Also, try the Rose Inn in Rincon for lunch. Very good food, plentiful and cheap! Just don't be in a hurry...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom