Bonaire Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"For those who are worrying about the legal and ethical ramifications of this, all I can say is that you might benefit from a vacation. "

Man! I was just thinking the same thing!!!!!

WallDiver77:
"For those who are worrying about the legal and ethical ramifications of this, all I can say is that you might benefit from a vacation. "

Yeah but you're not the guy who has to go retrieve and return all those tanks. I've been told at Toucan that "no dive op will fill another's tanks", it eliminates theft at shore dive sites. So the "tank swap shindig" is someone's fantasy.

Plaza Resort and Buddy Dive kids programs. There is also another program run by Sea and Discover owned by Karen Eckin. She is great. Most programs are half day. You don't have to stay on the specific resort to take advantage. All you have to do is schedule the programs with the resort. They can experience anything to snorkel certifications, to marine life education and feel like what it is like to dive!

Liz

WallDiver77:

I contacted someone on Bonaire and described to him what some are doing and if he thought it was acceptable. His reaction was this...

"Obviously this is illegal and preposterous! It is theft and the guy should be arrested, clear and simple. Any identity?"

I have given no information to him about identity, but please know that it is not an accepted practice to swap tanks.

Thanks Jetwrench for finding out the answers about the tanks. Now that your done with that can you please come join our home owners association and get people to put up there trash cans when its not trash day.

One other tip people might find useful if flying AA/American Eagle through San Juan. The plane to Bonaire is really small. I have an airline legal roller and was asked to check it on the tarmac. The gate attendant never mentioned it when we boarded the tram.

Also bumping the thread back to the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom