Bonaire in August...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mad

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi buddies, I'd like to fly to Bonaire in August, for 3 weeks.
is it a good period? I can't change it, holidays in Italy are mostly in August.

I fly from Italy - Nederland. Any suggestions?

Are there sharks? and wrecks?
my althernative is Borneo Malaysia...

ciao, Marco

The weather and diving doesn't t change much in Bonaire reguardless of the time of year. Nov-Jan are the "rainy" months but even then it's not bad. There are very few sharks on the leeward side of the island where most of the diving is done. I hear that on the windard side some can be seen. There are 1 or 2 operators that venture to the windward side, Larry's Wildside is the main one. There are a few wrecks on Bonaire. Most are small. The 2 main wrecks are the Hilma Hooker, a 275+ft freighter on it's starboard side in 100ft (30m) of water. The Hooker can be dove either by boat or from shore (what I do). The other big wreck is the Windjammer. This wreck is deep at around 61m and is a technical dive. There is at least one operator who dives it that I know of. Most of the attraction of Bonaire is the med to small amimals, the coral formations and the ease of the diving.

as herman said bonaire has great weather almost year around since it is out of the hurricane zone. the hardest part is getting there due to weather related delays and limited air service from the states. if i had three weeks to blow bubbles and money to burn, i would be there. i can almost taste the amstel beer.

thank you buddies! I will go and check personally! :)

ciao, Marco

I'll be in bonaire july 29th thru august 6th diving at Bubby's. Look us up if your there during this time frame. Maybe you could get in some dives with us.

at the moment I don't know because holidays for me start later. I'll try to set them a week before... and I'll tell you exactly when I know.

ciao, MArco

Back
Top Bottom