Bonaire from Toronto with Sunwing - DO NOT BOOK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw that too but I doubt this is Sunwings fault. Bad luck for those Westjet passengers who had to bail down the emergency chutes but at least it was on arrival to Toronto and not departure to Cancun.

Bailing down the chutes in -20 C weather...I suspect many will be in shorts and t-shirts seeing that they’ve just come back from Cancun. Brrrrrrr

Watching the news right now. Apparently, the Sunwing plane caught fire...No one was in the Sunwing plane. I wonder if it’s all the negative karma from this thread that caused it lol!

Last edited:
I wish west jet would fly to Bonaire. Last year we flew to curacao with them and hopped over to Bonaire with insel.
You're lucky you got to Bonaire on Insel.
You seem to have a knack for picking crummy airlines!

I just received my final papers from sunwing - hotel vouchers show 7 nights at buddy's. Not understanding what's going on, but gonna be really quiet checking in lol.

As for the airport collision it's their bad karma for messing with me ;-)

Insel - we watched flights cancelled to Miami and lots of stranded irate people. Our hops to and from Bonaire were great and right on time.

I just received my final papers from sunwing - hotel vouchers show 7 nights at buddy's. Not understanding what's going on, but gonna be really quiet checking in lol.

As for the airport collision it's their bad karma for messing with me ;-)

Insel - we watched flights cancelled to Miami and lots of stranded irate people. Our hops to and from Bonaire were great and right on time.

I for one will not mess with you lol!

I'd recommend AB car rental with full insurance. To me, the extra insurance is worth it to not have to inspect the truck before and after.

Seconded. Issue with truck was also dealt with quickly and professionally. I've noticed many rental agencies have fine print dealing with diving and national park access... looking at you, AVIS.

We just received replacement vouchers - 6 + 1 days. Dang it.
Does anyone know who the reservation or booking manager is at buddy's? I think we like to make somewhere there aware of our situation once we arrive. Maybe they could do something.

I’d be pissed as well, the move is just an inconvenience, but the lack of diving is breach of contract!

Back
Top Bottom