Bonaire from Toronto with Sunwing - DO NOT BOOK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carol_swimmom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were all excited when Sunwing announced non-stop air service from Toronto to Bonaire,

with hotel & dive packages thrown in. We got a week at buddy dive with airfare, and diving for $1300 CAD. (no truck, no breakfast). Too good to be true.

Just got an email from them, we can only have 6 nights at buddy’s then kicked over to Eden Beach.

No diving included at Eden Beach. Had a 1 bedroom booked at Buddy’s, but just getting a studio at Eden Beach.

We can’t cancel or go somewhere else, because we are meeting friends in Bonaire, and they are at Buddy’s.

NO COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER

I assume Buddy will do right by u for the one additional night.

We were all excited when Sunwing announced non-stop air service from Toronto to Bonaire,

with hotel & dive packages thrown in. We got a week at buddy dive with airfare, and diving for $1300 CAD. (no truck, no breakfast). Too good to be true.

Just got an email from them, we can only have 6 nights at buddy’s then kicked over to Eden Beach.

No diving included at Eden Beach. Had a 1 bedroom booked at Buddy’s, but just getting a studio at Eden Beach.

We can’t cancel or go somewhere else, because we are meeting friends in Bonaire, and they are at Buddy’s.

that sucks but air fare to Bonaire right now is so overpriced that this is still a awesome deal. Airfare went up over 30% from what I paid last year.

Sunwing has always been known to SUCK for customer service, so no great surprise there. However, being the only direct flight to Bonaire from YYZ, well, you just gotta take what you get and hope for the best.

I would contact TICO and see if they can advise as to what you can do. You obviously paid for something you’re not going to get, which is quite a scam, IMHO.

Any recommendations as to where we should rent a Truck? I was going to get it at buddy's but in light of the hotel switch we may as well get it at the airport for the whole week. ..

Sorry-- I just cannot get down with your outrage, unless I am missing something? In spite of the slight inconvenience, you are getting an incredibly killer deal and should count your blessings. To your point- "Too good to be true" and the only slight you will now experience from what you originally anticipated is to relocate for 1 night a couple miles down the road to a slightly smaller hotel room. Not seeing how your trip or diving is going to be so severely compromised to warrant the outrage.

Someone please sign me up for a non-stop, direct flight to Bonaire from Los Angeles, Portland or Seattle + 6 nights at Buddy's + 1 night at Eden + 6 days of unlimited tanks with Nitrox for $1040 USD

I have been to Bonaire twice in the last 18 months and that comparable package cost me a whole heck of a lot more and I didn't get non-stop/direct flights.

SunWing is notorious for last minute changes.
We are going in March using Sunwing for the flights only. Booked accomodations at Divi separately.
I am assuming that we will have some sort of schedule change. Just hoping that it does not mess too badly with our connections through Toronto.

Just got back from Bon using Sunwing from Toronto.
There were no problems with the flights apart from 30 minute delays on both departure and return. ( I was notified of both ). The seats were spacious enough and the service quite good on the flight.
I booked Buddy Dive, drive and dive through Scubaholidays. It was a bit more expensive then booking hotel through Sunwing but I wanted some boat dives and breakfast. The flights were about $600 CDN PP. Compared to usual Toronto Atlanta Bonaire route, this was an incredible bargain.

Sorry-- I just cannot get down with your outrage, unless I am missing something? In spite of the slight inconvenience, you are getting an incredibly killer deal and should count your blessings. To your point- "Too good to be true" and the only slight you will now experience from what you originally anticipated is to relocate for 1 night a couple miles down the road to a slightly smaller hotel room. Not seeing how your trip or diving is going to be so severely compromised to warrant the outrage.

Someone please sign me up for a non-stop, direct flight to Bonaire from Los Angeles, Portland or Seattle + 6 nights at Buddy's + 1 night at Eden + 6 days of unlimited tanks with Nitrox for $1040 USD

I have been to Bonaire twice in the last 18 months and that comparable package cost me a whole heck of a lot more and I didn't get non-stop/direct flights.

Well I entered into an agreement and paid for 7 nights at buddys 12 boat dives and 6 days air/nitrox
I am getting 6 nights with 10 dives and 5 days air nitrox
I have to check out with wet gear and move hotels.
I have to pay Eden for 1 day Air nitrox out of pocket. My flight leaves at 5 pm so I could do a full day of diving the previous day instead of moving hotels.
The truck is problematic because it doesn't make sense to rent from buddy's any more. If they had offered me even $ 50 bucks back for inconvenience I wouldn't be ticked.
I get that it's a good price but I am still being jerked around.

Back
Top Bottom