Bonaire First Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm going to Bonaire for the first time and heard about the following. Has anyone else done this and could tell me how it went?

1) Snorkeling trip from Capt Don's to Klein Bonaire? I hear they feed you on the way there.

2) Sight-seeing near Sorobon...I hear things are pretty saggy in that area..what does that mean??

3) Climb the salt mountains at Cargill, cut yourself on your leg and roll around.

Any input would be appreciated.

Sure.

#1 We were going to do that but we had a little more time so we went for Karpata to Red Slave around the west side of the Klein. It only took an hour or so.

#2 Sightseeing at Sorobon is some of the best. The wildlife there is a bit skiddish, I recommend either a very long lens (which needs room to grow) or a mirror lens.

#3 For the salt hills we just rented a couple of hogs from the Harley dealer and played hill climb. We did this on the morning we left on the AA flight.

Hi,

I'm going to Bonaire for the first time and heard about the following. Has anyone else done this and could tell me how it went?

1) Snorkeling trip from Capt Don's to Klein Bonaire? I hear they feed you on the way there.

Any input would be appreciated.

when i did it they had fresh beverages from the LLV trucks in bottles tied to your back. there was a straw device that went from the bottle down thru your snorkel.

you might find this place interesting after your done with the salt piles.

Attachments

• IMG_5599_3.jpg
    IMG_5599_3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 136
1) Whatever Capt Don's feeds you on the way to KB is probably eaten and digested by a male bovine.

2. Saggy but sometimes perky - you just never know.

3. Pachy's would be superior to the salt piles most any day.

I hope no one is reading this that does not know you guys. The bovine fertilizer is getting pretty deep.

They were all cool places to visit. I would also recommend renting a truck in advance before going. Also, I would recommend going on a caves tour. That was well worth it, also. Capt Don's is a great place to stay (if you are staying there) and the food is great, but the villas also have a kitchen so you can save money and cook for yourself if you wish. I can't wait to go back in December!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom