Bonaire dive resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leannejh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are considering a trip to Bonaire. Has anyone stayed at BOTH the Divi Flamingo AND Buddy's Dive Resorts? Do you have an opinion as to which you liked better and why? Or, are there any similar dive resorts that have a significant sandy beach? Thanks, Leanne

Buddy does not have a beach...there is a area of sand on the bank above the water but nothing I would call a beach. I understand the Plaza has a small man made beach. The only resort I am aware of that has any sized beach at all it Eden Beach. Look at the Bonaire web cams, the beach you see is the one at Eden Beach. Here is a link to the north facing cam. http://www.bonairewebcams.com/BeachCamNorth.php If you are needing/wanting big sandy beaches, Bonaire is not the best place for them.

if you are there for the diving not having a beach is really not noticed.Have stayed at both Flamingo and Buddy..At this time prefer Buddy..pm'ed leannejh .

Yes diving is the priority, not the beach, it is just nice to lie on the beach between your dives, look out upon it etc. I am a very visual person, that is why I am now scuba diving!! The resort/dive situation is really more important though. Thanks for your comments!

Herman you forgot Sorbonne - there's some good and some bad visualizations there but there is an outstanding beach. And it cuts down on the amount you need to pack.

DeputyDan:
YOu don't need a beach for good visuals at Buddy's

Buddy's is good for diving. Has two pools, also.

visuals = sunsets ?

lmao....can't believe someone actually said visuals in reference to anything other than sunsets

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom