• Richards

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Pizza Limena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donna & Georgio's

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Argentine beef isn't Brit beef. It's considered some of the finest beef in the world, which is why it's exported around the world.

As bad as it is for the cows (hard to digest, makes them sick), for the environment (natural grass is much better than Monsanto "corn"), and for the people who it eat it (all that marbling is artery-clogging saturated fat), I prefer U.S.D.A. Prime aged corn-fed beef over almost all the other beefs of the world that I've tried. I had several bistecche a la Fiorentina from the vaunted chianina cattle when we were in Florence/Tuscany in November and honestly I still prefer U.S. beef. I've had many a chewy steak in Amsterdam as well, which is what all the island Dutch are used to. But Argentine beef isn't rubbery or stringy and it has more flavor than U.S. corn fed and it can be excellent. I've had many lousy steaks on Bonaire, but several wonderful ones as well. At least they don't traditionally overcook them like they do the fish (thankfully Dutch like their beef rare).

I don't think you'll be finding Kobe beef in Bonaire. Gotto go to Japan for REAL deal. But if you need a meat fix Patagonia's pretty fine.

Wow, well at least I am now prepared for steaks in Bonaire. LOL I might bring my own seasoning just in case. :)

Cactus Blue Restaurant is best and I had lunch there with my family and it was awesome. Beach Hut Kaya Sorobon is also there and you can try out there too. They are best in food service. I was there last year . It was good and food was yummy. It is affordable too.

Cactus Blue Restaurant is best and I had lunch there with my family and it was awesome.

Cactus Blue restaurant has been closed since May 2012. Chef Hagen is now operating out of a trailer at the Atlantis kite surfing beach. Check out his Facebook page for photos and info.

Cactus Blue restaurant has been closed since May 2012. Chef Hagen is now operating out of a trailer at the Atlantis kite surfing beach. Check out his Facebook page for photos and info.[/QUOTE

Wow. That's disappointing. Of the five restaurants we ate at last March, that was the best. I doubt he closed for lack of business, they seem to be very popular.
We also at at Mona Lisa, Wills, Unbelievable and Pizza Bon. Non of them did we find to be great. Good to ok. Be aware of their closed days of the week and be sure to make reservations. We found the trip so relaxing and off any schedule that we failed to pay attention to those things. It ended up that we couldn't get into some of the nicer restaurants along the water.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom