• Richards

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Pizza Limena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donna & Georgio's

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a Dork Fish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We will be in Bonaire in March and trying to plan out some "mostly" evening dining. If you have eaten at any of these restaurants, can you please post a review and include average per person costs for the food only.

Also looking for lunch suggestions...

That's Plazita Limena not 'pizza limena'.
I've eaten at them all, but there are so many great places to dine on Bonaire (and many are not on the list) that you've got to try them yourself, and then you be the judge.
My "favorite" happens to be Cappriccios, but then again I'm "partial" to Italian cuisine..:D

It Rains Fishes on the night they have the whole snapper, might be Tuesday. Bobby Jans is good but only open on weekends. Patagonia was downright bad and quite expensive to boot. There is a small place in town, I think it is called The Buenas Aries Grill, pretty much at the South end of the shops on the ocean front road. Good fish dinners at a good price. A nice snack for lunch at Pastechies.

No mention of Will's? Cactus Blue? I've tried every other place on your list besides Limena and Unbelievable, and would put Will's & Cactus Blue ahead of all of them unless I were feeling like Italian food.

Also, having eating at Patagonia and Casablanca each several times, I've decided I prefer Casablanca (have had inconsistent experiences with both, though), but that's not on your list either.

Alll of the above post are correct, the food is great in all of them:D

Paradise Moon is my favorite, Jalapeno Walking sticks (YES). Can't wait to see Pam and Carl in their new location. Will be there in March and i'm counting the hours!!!

Mona Lisa, Capriccios, It Rains Fishes, La Guernaca, Plazita Limena and as someone mentioned Cactus Blue are all great, hard for me to pick a favorite but if I had to it would probably come from Capriccios, It Rains Fishes, Plazita Limena or Cactus Blue. Average food cost PP for entree is probably around $14-$19+ depending on what you get. These are all places I would eat at regularly if they were back home, they can stand with any good Los Angeles restaurant.

Pasa Bon has surprising good pizza for an island, definitely worth a trip, a medium and a salad will feed two.

I would not go back to Donna & Georgio's. Some people really like the place and maybe it was an off night when we were there, but I thought was very average, probably below average Italian food. We wouldn't ever eat there if it was a place back home, way too many better Italian places to choose from.

I haven't tried Unbelievable, Wil's or Bobbie Jans yet but will someday based on the many recommendations they get.

You didn't mention Casbalanca, they have many fans but I thought the food was very very average.

Bonaire has a surpising amount of excellent restaurants, more than you can try in a week. Probably the consistently overall best food of any dive location we've been to including Grand Cayman, Curacao, Ambergris Caye, Cozumel and Dominica.

Last edited:
For lunch we like City Cafe. Great service and food is very reasonable.

I like City Cafe', Will's Grill, Cactus Blue, Richard's and Bon Appetit' (for Chinese at a decent price). Pasa Bon Pizza was also good.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom