Trip Report Bonaire - December 24 - December 31 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang. A vegan in Montana. After 5 seasons of Yellowstone, I never knew that was even permitted there.
It's not easy!
I'm in the land of meat and potatoes and bar food, Lol
I still make smoked brisket and Elk chili for the family, I just choose not to eat it.

What???????

As it was explained to us, if a container ship carrying chicken feed from China materializes, there shall be eggs. Until then you have to drive to the supermarkets in the morning and see if there is a line of cars trying to get into the parking lot. The warehouse is where we got lucky the other day.

Also it's 2 dozen/person ATM.

As it was explained to us, if a container ship carrying chicken feed from China materializes, there shall be eggs. Until then you have to drive to the supermarkets in the morning and see if there is a line of cars trying to get into the parking lot. The warehouse is where we got lucky the other day.

Also it's 2 dozen/person ATM.
Ohh. Now I see. Supply chain issues.

tkaelin may answer soon; I'll throw in a couple of recommendations.

Buddy Dive Resort has a nice setup, with piers and easy walk in/out via a couple of sets of steps. I prefer to enter and head north from their pier, past Captain Don's (which should also have a fine house reef; I haven't stayed there, but I've dove and like that stretch of reef), but heading south (toward Bari reef) was also good.

Sand Dollar Condo.s and Den Lamen are side-by-side, and if you stay there and dive with Dive Friends, you can use the on-site pier. Their house reef is Bari Reef, and it's quite a reputable one.

My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire

8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends
Thank you @drrich2 . I did my research and prize comparison between; Den Lamen; Coral Paradise; Buddy Dive Resort; Captain Don's. I used middle of June (one week, Wed-to-Wed) as a comparison. Buddy Dive Resort is the more expensive by over $800. Coral Paradise is the least expensive (including truck) by $100.00, and I believe they don't have restaurants on site. Den Lamen, and Captain Don's are all the same regarding cost. Can't decide between them

Thank you @drrich2 . I did my research and prize comparison between; Den Lamen; Coral Paradise; Buddy Dive Resort; Captain Don's. I used middle of June (one week, Wed-to-Wed) as a comparison. Buddy Dive is the more expensive and I believe they don't have restaurants on site. Den Lamen, and Captain Don's are all the same regarding cost. Coral Paradise is the least expensive (including truck) by $100.00. Can't decide between them
Buddy Dive has a restaurant on site. Good breakfast buffet too.

Buddy Dive has a restaurant on site. Good breakfast buffet too.
Thank you @tridacna , I made corrections to my original post. Yes you are correct in that Buddy Dive has restaurant on site. Coral Paradise does not have restaurants.

Thank you @tridacna , I made corrections to my original post. Yes you are correct in that Buddy Dive has restaurant on site. Coral Paradise does not have restaurants.
All three are within walking distance of each other. CP has kitchens and a grill station out by the pool. A plus if you will be preparing meals. Not oceanfront though. Other two have some rooms oceanfront but not all rooms are.

Last we checked, Buddy's tends to work out better for 4 to 8 people, for a couple about everywhere else is better. But there's plenty of other variables to factor in, e.g. our card won't cover rental car insurance for a truck so renting from AB w/ full coverage works out better for us; YMMV. Buddy's has it own fleet. And so on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom